Long Island Splits Two-Game Series against Wisconsin
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (2-4), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, were defeated by the Wisconsin Herd (2-2) 133-112 on Friday night at Nassau Coliseum.
Long Island forward and NBA G League Player of the Week Craig Randall II recorded 21 points, seven rebounds and four assists in 34 minutes. Nets guard Jordan Crawford added 16 points in the defeat to go along with six rebounds and two assists in 26 minutes while shooting 4-of-9 from long range.
The two teams went back-and-forth to open the contest and were tied 21-21 with 4:41 left to play in the first. Wisconsin pulled ahead to end the quarter up by three, 34-31. Long Island opened the second quarter looking to shrink the gap despite the Herd's strong defensive effort. Wisconsin pushed past the Nets heading into the half up by seven, 62-55.
Wisconsin came out hot to start the third quarter, outscoring the Nets 26-2 in the first six minutes. The Herd would continue their strong play over the remainder of the third quarter, ending the period up 19, 97-78. Long Island was unable to overcome the Herd's defense in the final quarter of play as Wisconsin outrebounded the Nets by eight, 13-5. The Herd went on to defeat the Nets by 21, 133-112.
Wisconsin was led by guard Jeff Dowtin, who tallied 31 points, eight rebounds and four assists in 30 minutes. Herd forward Rayjon Tucker recorded 28 points, 11 rebounds and five assists in 35 minutes.
The Nets will play their next game at home against the Maine Celtics on Monday, Jan. 17, at 2 p.m. ET, while the Herd will play their next game on the road against Windy City on Sunday, Jan. 16, at 5 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Santa Cruz Suffers First Loss of Regular Season against Texas, 126-121 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Series Preview: vs Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Spurs Fall at Oklahoma City - Austin Spurs
- Long Island Splits Two-Game Series against Wisconsin - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Downed by College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Herd Cuts Down Long Island Nets - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Acquire Jaquori McLaughlin in Trade with Legends - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Trade Jaquori Mclaughlin - Texas Legends
- Texas' Dakota Mathias Signs Second 10-Day with Memphis Grizzlies - Texas Legends
- Chicago Bulls Sign Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill to 10-Day Contract - Birmingham Squadron
- Skyhawks Acquire Marcus Georges-Hunt - College Park Skyhawks
- Skyforce Acquires Two-Time NBA Champion Mario Chalmers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Second Half Threes Push Go-Go Past 905 - Capital City Go-Go
- South Bay Earns Gritty Victory in Regular Season Opener - South Bay Lakers
- Vipers Fall Short to South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.