Skyhawks Acquire Marcus Georges-Hunt
COLLEGE PARK, Ga. - The College Park Skyhawks announced today that the team has claimed Marcus Georges-Hunt off waivers.
Georges-Hunt, a 6'5 guard, most recently played for the Sichuan Blue Whales of the Chinese Basketball Association during the 2020-21 season. In 41 games (17 starts), Georges-Hunt averaged 25.9 points (.485 FG%/.389 3FG%/.801 FT%), 5.5 rebounds, and 3.7 assists in 28.8 minutes per game.
The Riverdale, Ga. product has two seasons of NBA service, most recently with the Minnesota Timberwolves during the 2017-18 season, where he appeared in 42 games. He also appeared in five games for the Orlando Magic during the 2016-17 season.
He has appeared in the NBA G League on three separate occasions for two different teams. His last NBA G League experience was with the Maine Red Claws, NBA G League affiliate of the Boston Celtics, in the 2018-19 season, where he appeared in nine games (eight starts) and held averages of 13.1 points and 4.6 rebounds in 35.5 minutes. He appeared in one game for the Iowa Wolves during the 2017-18 season, where he scored 34 points off the bench in 40 minutes on November 9, 2017 and was recalled to the Timberwolves the next day. His G League experience began with the Red Claws in 2016-17, where he appeared in 45 games (40 starts) and held averages of 15.8 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 4.5 assists in 36.4 minutes per game. He was named to the All-NBA G League Third Team in 2017.
A four-year player at Georgia Tech, Georges-Hunt appeared in 130 games (129 starts) and recorded collegiate career averages of 13.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 2.2 assists in 30.9 minutes per game. He was named to the All-ACC Second Team by the coaches and All-ACC Third Team by the media in his senior season (2015-16).
The 27-year-old attended North Clayton High School in College Park, Ga. When he graduated in 2012, he was North Clayton's all-time leading scorer with 2,189 points.
Georges-Hunt is not expected to play with the Skyhawks until the team's next home game on Jan. 21, when they will square up against G League Ignite as part of the NBA G League Ignite Tour. For more information, visit cpskyhawks.com or call 404-878-3370.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Santa Cruz Suffers First Loss of Regular Season against Texas, 126-121 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Series Preview: vs Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Spurs Fall at Oklahoma City - Austin Spurs
- Long Island Splits Two-Game Series against Wisconsin - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Downed by College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Herd Cuts Down Long Island Nets - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Acquire Jaquori McLaughlin in Trade with Legends - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Trade Jaquori Mclaughlin - Texas Legends
- Texas' Dakota Mathias Signs Second 10-Day with Memphis Grizzlies - Texas Legends
- Chicago Bulls Sign Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill to 10-Day Contract - Birmingham Squadron
- Skyhawks Acquire Marcus Georges-Hunt - College Park Skyhawks
- Skyforce Acquires Two-Time NBA Champion Mario Chalmers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Second Half Threes Push Go-Go Past 905 - Capital City Go-Go
- South Bay Earns Gritty Victory in Regular Season Opener - South Bay Lakers
- Vipers Fall Short to South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.