Chicago Bulls Sign Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill to 10-Day Contract
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Chicago Bulls announced today that the team has signed Birmingham Squadron forward Malcolm Hill to a 10-day hardship contract. Hill will wear jersey number 14 for the Bulls.
Hill was previously signed to a 10-day contract with the Atlanta Hawks on Dec. 22, 2021, and saw action in three games, averaging 5.7 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.33 steals in 15.3 minutes per game.
Hill (6-6, 225) played in 14 games with the Birmingham Squadron during the G League Showcase this season, averaging 16.8 points, 6.4 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.57 steals in 31.6 minutes per game. During the Showcase, Hill shot an accurate clip of .398 from behind the arc on 35 of 88 attempt, a mark that ranked 10th in the league (min. 75 attempts).
A native of Belleville, Ill., Hill played college basketball at the University of Illinois for four seasons (2013-17) and averaged 13.5 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 28.2 minutes per game over 137 games (112 starts). He was named to the All-Big Ten Second Team two times (2016, 2017). Hill went undrafted in 2017 and played five seasons of international basketball before returning to the States and joining the Squadron.
Hill joins the Bulls in time for their home game against the Golden State Warriors tonight at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Santa Cruz Suffers First Loss of Regular Season against Texas, 126-121 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Series Preview: vs Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Spurs Fall at Oklahoma City - Austin Spurs
- Long Island Splits Two-Game Series against Wisconsin - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Downed by College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Herd Cuts Down Long Island Nets - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Acquire Jaquori McLaughlin in Trade with Legends - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Trade Jaquori Mclaughlin - Texas Legends
- Texas' Dakota Mathias Signs Second 10-Day with Memphis Grizzlies - Texas Legends
- Chicago Bulls Sign Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill to 10-Day Contract - Birmingham Squadron
- Skyhawks Acquire Marcus Georges-Hunt - College Park Skyhawks
- Skyforce Acquires Two-Time NBA Champion Mario Chalmers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Second Half Threes Push Go-Go Past 905 - Capital City Go-Go
- South Bay Earns Gritty Victory in Regular Season Opener - South Bay Lakers
- Vipers Fall Short to South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Birmingham Squadron Stories
- Squadron Guard Jared Harper Earns All-NBA G League Third Team Honors
- Squadron Concludes Inaugural Season with Loss in Western Conference Quarterfinals
- Birmingham Squadron to Host Texas Legends in First Round of NBA G League Playoffs
- Squadron Secure Home Playoff Game with Fifth Straight Win
- Squadron Win Last Regular Season Home Game over Stockton