Second Half Threes Push Go-Go Past 905
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Capital City Go-Go (3-1), the NBA G League affiliate of the Washington Wizards, defeated the Raptors 905 (3-1) 113-104, on Thursday night in the Nation's Capital.
The game was tightly contested the entire way through, as neither team led by more than 13 points at any point. The 905 led at the halfway mark, 55-53, behind a trio of 10-point efforts from Ashton Hagans, Kevon Harris and Obadiah Noel.
After going 0-8 from three in the first half, the Go-Go regained their shooting form, knocking down 10 triples in the second half. Jordan Schakel scored all 17 of his points after halftime, knocking down five threes for Capital City. Pat Spencer knocked down a three from the logo with the shot clock expiring to push the Go-Go back to a comfortable nine-point advantage with six minutes remaining. Capital City led by double-digits nearly the rest of the way.
The Go-Go were led by Jaime Echenique's 18 points and 11 rebounds, his seventh double-double of the season. Fellow big Greg Monroe finished with 15 points and 15 rebounds for his fifth double-double of the season. The Go-Go scored 58 points in the paint, as they entered the game with a league-leading 70.7 points per game in the paint in the regular season. The Go-Go bench received big contributions from Pat Spencer (16 points) and Craig Sword (12 points) as well.
In his first-ever NBA G League appearance, Jodie Meeks finished with 16 points off the bench for the 905. Harris and Hagans each finished with 16 points as well, while Reggie Perry tallied 15 points and nine rebounds.
The Go-Go travel to Greensboro for a two-game series against the Swarm this weekend, beginning on Saturday at 7:00 p.m. The 905 return home for a two-game set against the Lakeland Magic starting on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Santa Cruz Suffers First Loss of Regular Season against Texas, 126-121 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Series Preview: vs Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Spurs Fall at Oklahoma City - Austin Spurs
- Long Island Splits Two-Game Series against Wisconsin - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Downed by College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Herd Cuts Down Long Island Nets - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Acquire Jaquori McLaughlin in Trade with Legends - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Trade Jaquori Mclaughlin - Texas Legends
- Texas' Dakota Mathias Signs Second 10-Day with Memphis Grizzlies - Texas Legends
- Chicago Bulls Sign Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill to 10-Day Contract - Birmingham Squadron
- Skyhawks Acquire Marcus Georges-Hunt - College Park Skyhawks
- Skyforce Acquires Two-Time NBA Champion Mario Chalmers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Second Half Threes Push Go-Go Past 905 - Capital City Go-Go
- South Bay Earns Gritty Victory in Regular Season Opener - South Bay Lakers
- Vipers Fall Short to South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Capital City Go-Go Stories
- Go-Go Advance to Second Round; Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Skyhawks
- Capital City to Host College Park in NBA G League Playoffs
- Greg Monroe Earns Call-Up with Utah
- Go-Go Push Winning Streak to Five with Victory over Magic
- Go-Go Dominate Blue Coats in Third Straight Win