Loggers Drop Weekend Series in Waterloo
WATERLOO, Iowa - The La Crosse Loggers dropped a pair of road contests against the Waterloo Bucks over the weekend, falling 10-1 on Saturday and 9-1 on Sunday at Riverfront Stadium. The victories for Waterloo (26-26, 6-10) give the Bucks a 9-3 season series advantage over the Loggers (25-27, 8-8.)
The Loggers collected eight hits in Saturday's game, but the lone run came on an RBI single by Tony Bullard (Arizona) in the third inning. Trey Harris (Arkansas) and Ryan Holgate (Arizona) each had two hits for La Crosse on Saturday.
Sunday's run came via a solo home run by Holgate in the eighth inning, his tenth round-tripper of the season. Cody Jefferis (San Diego) was the lone Loggers player with multiple hits in Sunday's contest.
Lalo Porras (Lewis Clark State University) pitched well in relief in Saturday's contest, striking out seven and allowing just one hit over three innings pitched.
The Eau Claire Express (30-22, 11-5) lead both the second half and overall standings in the Great Plains East Division, as the Loggers trail the Express by three games in the second half race.
The Loggers will play host to the Rochester Honkers at 6:35 pm tonight at Copeland Park for Totally Country Night, presented by Texas Roadhouse.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 22, 2019
- St. Cloud Falls to Waterloo, Remains in First Place - St. Cloud Rox
- Six Run 8th Inning Propels Duluth to Game One Win - Duluth Huskies
- MoonDogs Fall in Another Game with the Stingers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Growlers Return to the Win Column at Rockford - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Stingers Walk-Off against Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Rivets Drop 4th Straight Game - Rockford Rivets
- Phillips Leads Charge in Win over St. Cloud - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Blanked 2-0 by Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Pit Spitters Walk off Winners in Game One Versus Kokomo - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Woodchucks Drop First of Two-Game Series against Fond du Lac - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Travel to Green Bay for Division Showdown - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Announce Date for Rushing Rapids Craft Beer Festival - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Phillips & Rubalcaba Named to NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Roster - Waterloo Bucks
- Loggers Drop Weekend Series in Waterloo - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Meet Lakeshore for Seventh Series - Madison Mallards
- Five Dock Spiders Selected to Play in Major League Dreams Showcase - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Major League Dreams Showcase Rosters - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.