Lightning reassign Tarnasky and Eklund to Falcons
Springfield, MA - The Springfield Falcons, proud members of the American Hockey League, announced today that center Nick Tarnasky and goaltender Brian Eklund have been reassigned to the Falcons by their National Hockey League affiliate, the Tampa Bay Lightning. Both players will join the Falcons on Thursday as they prepare to host the Manchester Monarchs at the MassMutual Center, game time being 7:05 PM.
Eklund was recalled by the Lightning on October 29 and made his NHL debut Tuesday night starting against the Montreal Canadiens. Eklund stopped 16 of the 19 shots he faced against the Canadiens in 58 minutes of action. Eklund has played in five games with the Falcons this year posting a record of 3-2-0 with a 4.06 goals against average and .890 save percentage. Eklund was the game's first star on October 14 at Hartford when he made 38 saves.
Tarnasky has played in nine games for Tampa Bay this season collecting one assist and four penalty minutes. In four games with the Falcons this season, Tarnasky hasn't registered a point. The 6-2, 233-pound native of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta appeared in 80 games with Springfield last season, recording seven goals, 10 assists and 176 penalty minutes. Tarnasky was selected in the ninth round by the Lightning at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
The Falcons return to action on Thursday, November 10 when they host the Manchester Monarchs at the MassMutual Center starting at 7:05 PM. Springfield heads to Portland to battle the Pirates on Friday, before returning home on Saturday to host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers for the first time this year. All three games can be heard live on the Falcons Hockey Network, WMAS AM 1450, as "The Voice" of the Falcons John Michael handles the play-by-play duties. All games can also be seen live through the B-2 Network for only $6.00. Season and group packages are now available, including Flex Packs and our new exclusive Club Seats. For more information, please contact the Falcons team office at (413) 739-3344.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2005
- Usual suspects propel Houston to win - Houston Aeros
- Danis Leads 'Dogs to Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros Squeeze Past Ak-Sar-Ben Knights, 2-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Canucks Sign Burrows, Rypien - Manitoba Moose
- Coleman Headed To Tampa Bay - Springfield Falcons
- AHL suspends Jacques - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL announces suspensions - AHL
- Aeros release D Myrvold - Houston Aeros
- Penguins weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jillson recalled by Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Nickulas returned to P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Rivermen lose defenseman, receive left wing - Peoria Rivermen
- Atlanta recalls Berkhoel, Wolves sign Tarkki - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals set macaroni madness - Milwaukee Admirals
- Mike Jarmuth returned to Trenton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa recalls center from Augusta Lynx - Iowa Chops
- AHL weekly release - AHL
- Injury puts damper on Hartford Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs promotions announced - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs scheduled to meet with Binghamton Senators - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs promotions - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lightning reassign Tarnasky and Eklund to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Moose sign Moscevsky to PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Canadiens assign Danis to Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- B-Sens announce TV partnership with UPN-8 - Binghamton Senators
- Houston Aeros game notes - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.