Nickulas returned to P-Bruins
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins, member of the American Hockey League, announced that the Boston Bruins have returned from loan right wing Eric Nickulas. He will be with the P-Bruins Friday, November 11 when they travel to Norfolk to take on the Admirals.
Nickulas, 30, is playing in his ninth professional season. In six games with Providence this season, Nickulas is tied for third on the team in scoring with seven points (3g, 4a). The Hyannis, Massachusetts native spent three games with Boston this season. Nickulas spent three seasons with Providence from 1998-2001, winning the Calder Cup with the Bruins in 1998-99. During that season he was second on the team and third in the league in playoff scoring with 20 points (8g, 12a) in 18 games. Nickulas dominated during the post-season with Providence ranking third all-time in points (33), second in goals (14), and fourth in assists (19). Currently, the right wing sits first all-time in Bruins game winning goals (13) and ninth all-time in goals (60).
Nickulas was drafted by Boston as their third pick, 99th overall, in the 1994 NHL Draft and played his first game with Boston on January 7, 1999. He spent parts of five seasons in the NHL, with Boston, the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks. The 2003-04 season was Nickulas' first full season in the NHL and he tallied 20 points (8g, 12a) in 65 games.
The Black and Gold are back in action Friday, November 11 and Saturday, November 12 when they face the Norfolk Admirals at the Norfolk Scope at 7:15 p.m. The Bruins return home to host the Manchester Monarchs on Friday, November 18 at 7:05 p.m. Tickets are available online at providencebruins.com, at the Dunkin' Donuts Center box office and at all TicketMaster outlets. For more information, please contact the Bruins' ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2005
- Usual suspects propel Houston to win - Houston Aeros
- Danis Leads 'Dogs to Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros Squeeze Past Ak-Sar-Ben Knights, 2-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Canucks Sign Burrows, Rypien - Manitoba Moose
- Coleman Headed To Tampa Bay - Springfield Falcons
- AHL suspends Jacques - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL announces suspensions - AHL
- Aeros release D Myrvold - Houston Aeros
- Penguins weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jillson recalled by Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Nickulas returned to P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Rivermen lose defenseman, receive left wing - Peoria Rivermen
- Atlanta recalls Berkhoel, Wolves sign Tarkki - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals set macaroni madness - Milwaukee Admirals
- Mike Jarmuth returned to Trenton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa recalls center from Augusta Lynx - Iowa Chops
- AHL weekly release - AHL
- Injury puts damper on Hartford Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs promotions announced - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs scheduled to meet with Binghamton Senators - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs promotions - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lightning reassign Tarnasky and Eklund to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Moose sign Moscevsky to PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Canadiens assign Danis to Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- B-Sens announce TV partnership with UPN-8 - Binghamton Senators
- Houston Aeros game notes - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Regular Season Tickets on Sale Now
- P-Bruins Release 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule
- P-Bruins Announce 2018-19 Home Opener and Preseason Fanfest
- P-Bruins Season Ends in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Phantoms
- Two Goals from Lindblom Lead Phantoms over P-Bruins in Game Three