Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the Tampa Bay Lightning has reassigned forward Mitch Hults from the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League to Orlando.
Hults, 23, has played in one game with Syracuse this season after the Lightning acquired him on Oct. 18 from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for future considerations. The 6-foot-2, 207-pound forward also skated in two games with Anaheim's AHL affiliate, the San Diego Gulls, producing one assist.
In 67 career pro games, Hults has recorded 36 points (13g-23a) and 18 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, the Stoughton, Wisconsin native played two seasons of college hockey at Lake Superior State, where he generated 54 points (20g-34a) and 98 penalty minutes in 76 games. Hults also played junior hockey for the Madison Capitols and Indiana Ice of the United States Hockey League, where he collected 58 points (23g-35a) and 112 penalty minutes in 119 games. Hults helped Indiana capture the Clark Cup championship in 2014.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears return home for a showdown with the Florida Everblades as part of Boo with the Bears, presented by Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, on Friday, Oct. 26 at 7 p.m. The Solar Bears will wear specialty skeleton jerseys, while fans can enjoy trick-or-treating on the Amway Center concourse, participate in a costume contest and more. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears continue the 2018-19 season, presented by XYMOPrint, when they visit the Jacksonville Icemen on Friday, Oct. 19 at 7:30 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Arena. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale! Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2018
- Florida Everblades Weekly: October 22, 2018 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Tyler Coulter - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, October 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Gladiators Trade for Defenseman Campbell from Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nolan Gluchowski Re-Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Defenseman Mikulovich - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Look to Start Winning Streak - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Orange Ice and Nickelodeon on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 2 - Indy Fuel
- Komets to Face Toledo Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday Report: October 22 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 22 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays
- Otto Somppi Added to Solar Bears Playoff Roster
- Three-Goal Second Period Gives Solar Bears 4-1 Win and 3-1 Series Lead over Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays
- Fejes Scores in Double OT to Give Solar Bears 4-3 Win and 2-1 Series Lead