Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th
West Valley City, Utah - The Utah Grizzlies have games this Friday and Saturday at Maverik Center against the Idaho Steelheads on October 26th and 27th.
On Friday, the 26th is the first Metro by T-Mobile "Pack the House Friday," where fans can get a $10 ticket coupon from a participating Metro by T-Mobile location. Friday is also Octoberfest with beer specials.
Saturday the 27th is Epilepsy Awareness Night and the Grizzlies will be wearing specialty jersey's sponsored by Epilepsy Foundation of Utah, Lundbeck & Eisai. There is also Trick or Treating on the concourse with $5 tickets for kids in costumes.
The Grizzlies are 3-0-1 on the season after picking up 3 of a possible 4 standings points on the road against Idaho. Utah lost 6-5 in overtime, getting goals from 5 different skaters. The Grizzlies were 2 for 5 on the power play. Cole Ully had 1 goal and 2 assists in his return to Idaho, where he played for the Steelheads last year. Ryan Walters and Joey Winquist each had 1 goal and 1 assist. Caleb Herbert had 1 goal and 2 assists.
Utah won 2-1 last Saturday night as Kevin Carr stopped 27 of 28 shots, as well as first period goals from Caleb Herbert and Josh Winquist.
Herbert leads the ECHL with 9 points on the season. He is averaging 2.25 points per game. Herbert was the number star of the night in his birthday in the season opener on October 12th vs Rapid City, when he had 2 goals and 1 assist.
Josh Winquist has scored a goal in all 4 games this year. He also has 3 assists for Utah.
Utah was 3 for 10 on the power play last weekend in Boise. The Grizzlies are leading the league with a 38.4 power play %. Winquist and Herbert are tied for the league lead with 3 power play goals. Ryan Walters leads the league with 4 power play assists.
Grizzlies stats: In 2 games last weekend, Utah took 33 shots on goal in the first period of play. Utah had 17 shots on goal on Friday and 16 shots on Saturday. Turner Ottenbreit has been assigned to the AHL's Colorado Eagles. Ottenbreit is tied for the team lead with a plus 3.
Goals: Caleb Herbert, 5
Assists: 4 tied with 4 each (Ryan Walters, Caleb Herbert, Cole Ully and Kevin Davis)
Points: Herbert, 9
Plus/Minus: +3 (Cole Ully, Kevin Davis, Gage Ausmus, Turner Ottenbreit)
Shots on Goal: Caleb Herbert, 16
Save %: Kevin Carr .964
Images from this story
Utah Grizzlies celebrate a goal against the Rapid City Rush
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2018
- Florida Everblades Weekly: October 22, 2018 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Tyler Coulter - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, October 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Gladiators Trade for Defenseman Campbell from Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nolan Gluchowski Re-Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Defenseman Mikulovich - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Look to Start Winning Streak - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Orange Ice and Nickelodeon on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 2 - Indy Fuel
- Komets to Face Toledo Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday Report: October 22 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 22 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.