Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (2-2-1) split their home opening weekend and prepare for a six-game road trip spanning the next two weeks.
Friday, October 19 vs. Utah Grizzlies: W 6-5 (OT)
Shots: Grizzlies 26, Steelheads 31
PP: Grizzlies 2-for-5, Steelheads 1-for-3
The Steelheads fought through a tight game to claim a 6-5 overtime win over the Grizzlies at CenturyLink Arena. After trailing in the first period, forward Spencer Naas (9:07 1st) scored the first for the home side to tie the game, 1-1, before the Grizzlies added two more goals. A four-goal third period for the Steelheads began with tallies from forwards Kyle Schempp (SH, 0:31 3rd) and Steve McParland (1:16 3rd), tying the game again, 3-3. Both sides would go back and forth, and Steelheads defenseman Brady Norrish (PP, 16:01 3rd) and forward Brad McClure (EA, 19:17 3rd) helped push the game into overtime at 5-5. There, forward Joe Pendenza (0:43 OT) sealed the 6-5 win on a breakaway. Goaltender Ryan Faragher (1-1-0) stopped 21 of 26 shots in the win.
Saturday, October 20 vs. Utah Grizzlies: 2-1 L
Shots: Grizzlies 30, Steelheads 28
PP: Grizzlies 1-for-5, Steelheads 0-for-5
The Steelheads couldn't erase an early deficit, falling 2-1 to the Grizzlies at CenturyLink Arena. After trailing 2-0 in the first period, Steelheads forwards Justin Parizek (SH, 18:01 2nd) and Alex Dahl combined for a tally to cut the lead in half, 2-1. Despite a push in the third period with the goaltender pulled, the Steelheads were not able to tie the game. Netminder Philippe Desrosiers (1-1-1) saved 28 of 30 shots in the loss.
Friday, October 26 @ Utah Grizzlies - 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, October 27 @ Utah Grizzlies - 7:05 p.m.
The Steelheads begin a six-game road trip spanning just below two weeks, which is their second-longest trip of the season. The road swing begins with the first two games at Maverik Center against the Grizzlies and the back end of four-straight meetings before a four-game week to finish the trip. The Steelheads are 1-1-0 against the Grizzlies this season.
Bud Light $2 Wednesdays: During every Wednesday regular season home game through the end of the 2nd period of play, the Steelheads offer small $2 Bud Light to persons 21 years of age and older (not including playoffs). The first Bud Light $2 Wednesday will be the next home game on November 7.
Pepsi Puck Giveaway: On Saturday, Nov. 10, the first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a free Steelheads puck, courtesy of Pepsi. The Steelheads host the Tulsa Oilers at 7:10 p.m.
Hockey Starter Pack: For any home game during the 2018-19 season, fans can purchase a Steelheads mini plan, which includes four (4) tickets, two (2) small beer vouchers and one (1) hockey helmet beanie starting at just $69. Call the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information.
- Justin Parizek extended his point streak to three games, notching five points (2g, 3a) with a shorthanded goal in that span. He trails Brad McClure (3+2=5, 4gms) for the longest streak this season but shares the most points during a streak.
- Ondrej Vala recorded his first ECHL point (assist) on Saturday, moving to two assists through eight professional games between Idaho and Texas (AHL).
- The Steelheads are the only team in the ECHL with all games played with a one-goal differential and lead the league with five of those games
- Parizek's shorthanded goal on Saturday marks three-straight games with a shorthanded tally. The Steelheads share the league lead in shorthanded goals (3) with Orlando.
- The Steelheads have never fallen behind by more than two goals in all five games.
GOALS: 3 - Brad McClure
ASSISTS: 4 - Justin Parizek
POINTS: 6 - Justin Parizek
PP GOALS: 1 - Brady Norrish/A.J. White
SH GOALS: 1 - Brad McClure/Justin Parizek/Kyle Schempp
GW GOALS: 1 - Joe Pendenza
PIMS: 11 - Jack Nevins
PLUS/MINUS: +4 - Jeff King
SHOTS: 22 - Spencer Naas
WINS: 1 - Philippe Desrosiers/Ryan Faragher
GAA: 2.54 - Philippe Desrosiers
SAVE %: .919 - Philippe Desrosiers
Mountain Division Standings:
1. Utah 3-0-1-0, 7 pts
2. Wichita 3-1-0-0, 6 pts
3. Kansas City 2-0-1-0, 5 pts
4. Tulsa 2-0-0-1, 5 pts
5. Steelheads 2-2-0-1, 5 pts
6. Allen 1-3-0-1, 3 pts
7. Rapid City 1-3-0-0, 2 pts
All games during the 2018-19 regular season are broadcast on 1350AM KTIK "The Ticket" and online on ECHL.TV. Pre-game on the road begins 20 minutes before puck drop.
Tune in every Tuesday-Thursday from 6:00-7:00 p.m. to the Bud Light Idaho Steelheads Hockey Show, featuring Steelheads news, analysis and insight from around the ECHL.
The Steelheads begin a six-game road trip on Friday, Oct. 26 at 7:05 p.m. from Maverik Center against the Utah Grizzlies and return to CenturyLink Arena on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 7:10 p.m. against the Tulsa Oilers. Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2018
- Florida Everblades Weekly: October 22, 2018 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Tyler Coulter - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, October 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Gladiators Trade for Defenseman Campbell from Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nolan Gluchowski Re-Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Defenseman Mikulovich - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Look to Start Winning Streak - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Orange Ice and Nickelodeon on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 2 - Indy Fuel
- Komets to Face Toledo Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday Report: October 22 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 22 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Chase Stewart Agrees to Terms with Steelheads
- Goaltender Matt Jurusik Joins Steelheads
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Forward Calder Brooks and Defenseman Darren Brady Join Steelheads
- Idaho Central Arena: New Name, New Updates Coming to Downtown Boise