Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (2-2-1) split their home opening weekend and prepare for a six-game road trip spanning the next two weeks.
Friday, October 19 vs. Utah Grizzlies: W 6-5 (OT)
Shots: Grizzlies 26, Steelheads 31
PP: Grizzlies 2-for-5, Steelheads 1-for-3
The Steelheads fought through a tight game to claim a 6-5 overtime win over the Grizzlies at CenturyLink Arena. After trailing in the first period, forward Spencer Naas (9:07 1st) scored the first for the home side to tie the game, 1-1, before the Grizzlies added two more goals. A four-goal third period for the Steelheads began with tallies from forwards Kyle Schempp (SH, 0:31 3rd) and Steve McParland (1:16 3rd), tying the game again, 3-3. Both sides would go back and forth, and Steelheads defenseman Brady Norrish (PP, 16:01 3rd) and forward Brad McClure (EA, 19:17 3rd) helped push the game into overtime at 5-5. There, forward Joe Pendenza (0:43 OT) sealed the 6-5 win on a breakaway. Goaltender Ryan Faragher (1-1-0) stopped 21 of 26 shots in the win.
Saturday, October 20 vs. Utah Grizzlies: 2-1 L
Shots: Grizzlies 30, Steelheads 28
PP: Grizzlies 1-for-5, Steelheads 0-for-5
The Steelheads couldn't erase an early deficit, falling 2-1 to the Grizzlies at CenturyLink Arena. After trailing 2-0 in the first period, Steelheads forwards Justin Parizek (SH, 18:01 2nd) and Alex Dahl combined for a tally to cut the lead in half, 2-1. Despite a push in the third period with the goaltender pulled, the Steelheads were not able to tie the game. Netminder Philippe Desrosiers (1-1-1) saved 28 of 30 shots in the loss.
Friday, October 26 @ Utah Grizzlies - 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, October 27 @ Utah Grizzlies - 7:05 p.m.
The Steelheads begin a six-game road trip spanning just below two weeks, which is their second-longest trip of the season. The road swing begins with the first two games at Maverik Center against the Grizzlies and the back end of four-straight meetings before a four-game week to finish the trip. The Steelheads are 1-1-0 against the Grizzlies this season.
Bud Light $2 Wednesdays: During every Wednesday regular season home game through the end of the 2nd period of play, the Steelheads offer small $2 Bud Light to persons 21 years of age and older (not including playoffs). The first Bud Light $2 Wednesday will be the next home game on November 7.
Pepsi Puck Giveaway: On Saturday, Nov. 10, the first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a free Steelheads puck, courtesy of Pepsi. The Steelheads host the Tulsa Oilers at 7:10 p.m.
Hockey Starter Pack: For any home game during the 2018-19 season, fans can purchase a Steelheads mini plan, which includes four (4) tickets, two (2) small beer vouchers and one (1) hockey helmet beanie starting at just $69. Call the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information.
- Justin Parizek extended his point streak to three games, notching five points (2g, 3a) with a shorthanded goal in that span. He trails Brad McClure (3+2=5, 4gms) for the longest streak this season but shares the most points during a streak.
- Ondrej Vala recorded his first ECHL point (assist) on Saturday, moving to two assists through eight professional games between Idaho and Texas (AHL).
- The Steelheads are the only team in the ECHL with all games played with a one-goal differential and lead the league with five of those games
- Parizek's shorthanded goal on Saturday marks three-straight games with a shorthanded tally. The Steelheads share the league lead in shorthanded goals (3) with Orlando.
- The Steelheads have never fallen behind by more than two goals in all five games.
GOALS: 3 - Brad McClure
ASSISTS: 4 - Justin Parizek
POINTS: 6 - Justin Parizek
PP GOALS: 1 - Brady Norrish/A.J. White
SH GOALS: 1 - Brad McClure/Justin Parizek/Kyle Schempp
GW GOALS: 1 - Joe Pendenza
PIMS: 11 - Jack Nevins
PLUS/MINUS: +4 - Jeff King
SHOTS: 22 - Spencer Naas
WINS: 1 - Philippe Desrosiers/Ryan Faragher
GAA: 2.54 - Philippe Desrosiers
SAVE %: .919 - Philippe Desrosiers
Mountain Division Standings:
1. Utah 3-0-1-0, 7 pts
2. Wichita 3-1-0-0, 6 pts
3. Kansas City 2-0-1-0, 5 pts
4. Tulsa 2-0-0-1, 5 pts
5. Steelheads 2-2-0-1, 5 pts
6. Allen 1-3-0-1, 3 pts
7. Rapid City 1-3-0-0, 2 pts
All games during the 2018-19 regular season are broadcast on 1350AM KTIK "The Ticket" and online on ECHL.TV. Pre-game on the road begins 20 minutes before puck drop.
Tune in every Tuesday-Thursday from 6:00-7:00 p.m. to the Bud Light Idaho Steelheads Hockey Show, featuring Steelheads news, analysis and insight from around the ECHL.
The Steelheads begin a six-game road trip on Friday, Oct. 26 at 7:05 p.m. from Maverik Center against the Utah Grizzlies and return to CenturyLink Arena on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 7:10 p.m. against the Tulsa Oilers. Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2018
- Florida Everblades Weekly: October 22, 2018 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Tyler Coulter - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, October 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Gladiators Trade for Defenseman Campbell from Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nolan Gluchowski Re-Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Defenseman Mikulovich - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Look to Start Winning Streak - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Orange Ice and Nickelodeon on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 2 - Indy Fuel
- Komets to Face Toledo Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday Report: October 22 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 22 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.