Quote of the Week: F Michael Huntebrinker on his work ethic:
"Being in a good culture in college [at Minnesota State], a lot of guys were working hard and it was the norm. My trainer back home is wired that way, too."
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, start a three-game homestand Wednesday vs. Newfoundland and host Wheeling for a pair of contests Saturday and Sunday. The Royals are 2-0-1-1, tied for first in the North Division and the Eastern Conference.
Fri., Oct. 19 at Maine: Royals 6, Mariners 4
Sat., Oct. 20 at Manchester: Manchester 4, Royals 3 (SO)
Big 3 Storylines
3) What's going on this homestand?
Postgame autographs, pres. by Rieck's Printing vs. Newfoundland: Oct. 24, 7:00 p.m. Two players sign postgame autographs, pres. by Rieck's Printing | first-ever meeting between Reading and Newfoundland.
Star Wars Night vs. Wheeling: Oct. 27, 7:00 p.m.
4-for-48 Family Pack | Specialty Star Wars jerseys | dress as your favorite Star Wars character | first matchup against Wheeling
Halloween Night vs. Wheeling: Oct. 28, 4:00 p.m.
Specialty Halloween jerseys | concourse trick-or-treat
2) Making an impression
Dan Milan topped Reading with a plus-five rating in two games last week. He recorded a plus-3 mark Friday and notched an assist. Saturday at Manchester, Milan scored a goal and two points for his second career ECHL multi-point game. His defensive partner Nick Luukko has goals in back-to-back games.
1) First meeting, plus an old rival
Wednesday is the first time the Royals face off vs. Newfoundland. On Saturday, Wheeling comes to town for a weekend series, marking the 172nd meeting between the clubs. The Royals are 95-60-16 vs. the Nailers.
2018-19 Regular season team leaders
Goals: Shane Walsh (3), 3 players with 2 goals
Assists: Alex Krushelnyski (6), Adam Schmidt (4), Chris McCarthy (3)
Points: Alex Krushelnyski (6), Adam Schmidt (5), 2 players with 4 points
PIM: Dan Milan (15), Frank DiChiara (7), Charlie Vasaturo (5)
+/-: Dan Milan (5), Nick Luukko (3), 4 with +2
Monday - 11:00 a.m. Santander Arena
Tuesday - 11:00 a.m, Santander Arena
Wednesday - Game, 7:00 p.m., Newfoundland (morning skate, 10:00 a.m.)
Thursday - 11:00 a.m., Santander Arena
Friday - 11:00 a.m., Santander Arena
Saturday - Game 7:00 p.m. vs. Wheeling
Sunday - Game 4:00 p.m. vs. Wheeling
Monday - Off Day
Royals Radio Recon: Next Show Tues., Oct. 23
Live from Jimmy G's Railroad House from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Meet Royals players at Jimmy G's Railroad House, 152 Woodrow Ave., Sinking Spring, PA. Listen on mixlr.com/ReadingRoyals or via the Mixlr App.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2018
- Florida Everblades Weekly: October 22, 2018 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Tyler Coulter - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, October 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Gladiators Trade for Defenseman Campbell from Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nolan Gluchowski Re-Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Defenseman Mikulovich - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Look to Start Winning Streak - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Orange Ice and Nickelodeon on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 2 - Indy Fuel
- Komets to Face Toledo Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday Report: October 22 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 22 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.