Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday
Overall Record: 1-1-1-0,
3rd Central Division, Current Streak: 2 Winless
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
October 20 at Indy (4-3 OT Loss)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
October 24 at Cincinnati at 7:30 p.m. (7:15 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
October 26 at Fort Wayne at 8:00 p.m. (7:45 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
October 27 vs. Fort Wayne at 7:15 p.m. (7:00p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
WALLEYE WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Monday, October 22 - Practice at Huntington Center at 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday, October 23 - Practice at Huntington Center at 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday, October 24 - Game at Cincinnati at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 25 - Practice at Huntington Center at 10:30 a.m.
Friday, October 26 - Game at Fort Wayne at 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 27 - Game vs. Fort Wayne at 7:15 p.m.
Sunday, October 28 - No Practice
??????All times are subject to change. Check ToledoWalleye.com for the latest news and updates.
Collecting a point in Indy: Toledo erased a 2-0 second period deficit to take a brief 3-2 lead on Indy with one minute left in the third period only to see the Fuel tie the game at take the game in overtime 4-3 Saturday night. It was only the second time that the Walleye have not won a game in Indy (15-0-2).
Berschbach the best: The Walleye all-time points leader continued to add to that total with a pair of goals in Saturday's overtime defeat, his first two goals of the year. Berschbach has four points (2G, 2A) in the three games to start the year and 271 for his Walleye career. His career 78 goals are third behind only Kyle Bonis (83) and Evan Rankin (111).
Let's get home: Two more road contests are awaiting the Walleye before they can open the Huntington Center doors. Wednesday night it's Toledo's first trip down for the battle of I-75 against Cincinnati. Toledo went 6-2-0 last year against the Cyclones and the two rivals will play a total of nine times this year. Friday night starts a home at home weekend with the arch-rival Komets in Fort Wayne. The Walleye and Komets have 11 meetings against each other this year. The Walleye have a record of 4-5-0 in the previous nine home openers.
It's time for T-Town hockey: The puck drops at 7:15 p.m. on Saturday opening the 10th season of Walleye hockey at the Huntington Center. Fans will receive a magnet schedule upon arrival and rally towels will await fans in the seating bowl.
Tailgating in Hensville: The Walleye are throwing a huge tailgate party in Hensville Park before the Walleye game. The fun starts at 2 p.m. with live entertainment, food, drink specials, and a ton of activities. The event is free and open to the public.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Shane Berschbach (2 goals - 0 assists = 2 points)
GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK
Pat Nagle (0-0-1, 3.74 GAA, .875 save %)
Friday, November 2 & Saturday, November 3: Marvel Superhero Weekend | Marvel Black Panther Jerseys
Saturday, November 17: Mike Eruzione bobblehead giveaway | SPECIAL Pregame Event- Hensville Tree Lighting Ceremony
Saturday, December 1: Teddy Bear Toss | SPECIAL Pregame Event- Battle of the Badges
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2018
- Florida Everblades Weekly: October 22, 2018 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Tyler Coulter - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, October 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Gladiators Trade for Defenseman Campbell from Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nolan Gluchowski Re-Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Defenseman Mikulovich - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Look to Start Winning Streak - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Orange Ice and Nickelodeon on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 2 - Indy Fuel
- Komets to Face Toledo Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday Report: October 22 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 22 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.