Komets to Face Toledo Friday
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets finished week two with a 1-3-0 record after falling at Kalamazoo Friday 2-1 and suffering a 5-3 setback in the Fort Wayne home opener Saturday night against the Wings.
Friday night Anthony Petruzzelli scored the lone Fort Wayne marker and goaltender Lukas Hafner made his first start stopping 26 of 28 shots.
Saturday a near sell-out crowd of 10,067 was on hand for the Fort Wayne home opener. Aidan Muir, Phelix Martineau and Chase Stewart each scored for the Komets as goaltender Zach Fucale suffered his second loss of the season allowing four goals on 25 shots.
Justin Hodgman had an assist in each game to extend his assist and point-scoring streak four games (1g, 5a). The Komets have been perfect on the PK with a streak of 21 successful penalty kills.
The Komets will continue divisional play this weekend with another home-and-home series. Friday night the arch rival Toledo Walleye visit for an 8pm faceoff on Sweetwater Ice at the Memorial Coliseum. Then Saturday the Komets travel to Ohio for Toledo's home opener at 7:15pm.
Last season the Komets were 6-2-0 against Toledo in eight meetings. The Komets were unbeaten at home 4-0-0 while 2-2-0 at Toledo's Huntington Center (7,431). The Walleye are 1-1-1 after three games on the new season and are coming off a 4-3 overtime loss Saturday at Indy. Toledo will skate at Cincinnati Wednesday before making the trip to Fort Wayne Friday.
Komet leaders-- Justin Hodgman leads with five assists and six points....Anthony Petruzzelli leads with two goals.....Ryan Lowney leads with +3.....Jason Binkley leads with 14 shots.....Taylor Crunk leads with 27 penalty minutes.
Family Four Pack, 4 for $59 Night Friday-- Fans can take advantage of a 4-for-$59 offer at Friday's home game courtesy of Midwest America Federal Credit Union. Get four tickets, four hot dogs, four soft drinks, four chips for only $59 when purchasing the Family Four Pack at the Memorial Coliseum Ticket Office.
Little ghosts and goblins on ice Friday-- It's the largest Halloween party in the Fort this Friday when the Komets face the Walleye. All little ghosts and goblins in attendance are invited to wear their favorite costume for a Halloween parade on ice and prizes, too. Boo!
Friday night Marathon Nights-- Again this year Komet fans can save on their Friday night tickets with Marathon. Fans can earn a buy-one-get-one-free ticket offer with the purchase of three fill-ups at participating Marathon locations. Save with your Marathon Fill-Up Card at the first Marathon Night of the season this Friday when Toledo visits for an 8pm faceoff.
Komet Hockey Tickets-- Single game tickets for all 36 Komet regular season home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office. Season Tickets also remain on sale at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way. For more information visit Komets.com or call 260-483-0011.
Komet Hockey on WOWO-- Fans can follow Komet hockey action again this year with Shane Albahrani calling the play-by-play on WOWO Radio AM 1190 and FM 107.5, and streaming on the web at Komets.com, courtesy OmniSource.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2018
- Florida Everblades Weekly: October 22, 2018 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Tyler Coulter - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, October 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Gladiators Trade for Defenseman Campbell from Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nolan Gluchowski Re-Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Defenseman Mikulovich - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Look to Start Winning Streak - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Orange Ice and Nickelodeon on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 2 - Indy Fuel
- Komets to Face Toledo Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday Report: October 22 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 22 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener
- Komets Make Roster Moves
- Komets Open 2019 Training Camp
- Komets Ink Two-Time Kelly Cup Champ St. Amant