Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers
Tulsa, OK - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, dropped a 6-4 decision to the Tulsa Oilers on Sunday afternoon at the BOK Center in front of a crowd of 4,888.
Braylon Shmyr (5), Spencer Asuchak (2), Zach Pochiro (2) and Dante Salituro (3) all scored for the Americans. Pochiro and Salituro's goals came on the power play as the team went 2 for 5 with the man-advantage.
The Americans rallied back from a 4-1 third period deficit to cut the lead to one goal, but the Oilers scored two empty-net goals late in the third period to seal the victory and hand the Americans their third straight loss.
"We worked hard in the third period to get back in the game," said Americans forward Zach Pochiro. It was frustrating to lose this one after gaining a lot of momentum in the final period."
The banged up Americans played with just 14 skaters on Sunday afternoon. Americans goalie Jeremy Brodeur was excellent in net stopping 47 shots on goal.
The Americans return to action next weekend with three in a row in South Dakota against the Rapid City Rush.
Season Tickets - Lock in your seats NOW for the 2018-2019 Allen Americans Season. Contact your Americans ticket representative TODAY by calling 972-912-1000.
Group Outings - The best way to entertain a large or small group is at an Allen Americans hockey game. Get special group rates on tickets and food by calling 972-912-1000.
Watch/Listen Live - Catch all Allen Americans games this season on ECHL TV pay-per-view or Mixlr.com. Be sure to download the Mixlr app for your iPhone or Android and never miss a minute of the action
Americans Next Home Game
Allen Americans vs. South Carolina Stingrays
Date: Friday, November 2nd
Time: 7:05 pm
Venue: Allen Event Center
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2018
- Florida Everblades Weekly: October 22, 2018 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly Report - October 22, 2018 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Tyler Coulter - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Weekly, October 22nd - Wichita Thunder
- Gladiators Trade for Defenseman Campbell from Idaho - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nolan Gluchowski Re-Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lightning Reassign Mitch Hults to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Defenseman Mikulovich - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wooo, Wooo: Opening Night Is Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Mariners Look to Start Winning Streak - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Orange Ice and Nickelodeon on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, October 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Home vs Idaho October 26th and 27th - Utah Grizzlies
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 2 - Indy Fuel
- Komets to Face Toledo Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday Report: October 22 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 22 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Rally Falls Short in a Loss to the Oilers - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.