Lexington Legends Drop Game One to Greensboro
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends were back home on Monday night, but couldn't avoid the 6-0 shutout by the Greensboro Grasshoppers. The Legends record drops to 10-7, but they remain in first place of the Northern Division of the South Atlantic League.
In the top of the third inning, Connor Kaiser drew a leadoff walk then moved to third on a single to right field by Mason Martin. Grant Kone popped up a sacrifice fly to right field allowing Kaiser to score and the Grasshoppers led 1-0.
In the top of the sixth inning, Rodolfo Castro blasted a leadoff homer to left field, extending Greensboro's lead 2-0.
Mason Martin hit the second home run of the night for the Grasshoppers in the top of the seventh inning, extending their lead 3-0.
Greensboro continued scoring in the top of the eighth inning. Grant Koch lined a single to right field with one out. Fabricio Macias then hit a groundball to the third baseman, Nathan Eaton, who threw the ball over the head of first baseman, Reed Rohlman and everyone was safe. With runners at first and third, Pat Dorrian doubled them both home and the Grasshoppers led 6-0.
Osvaldo Bido earned the victory for Greensboro tossing 5.2 shutout innings allowing four hits while walking four and striking out four. Zach Haake was given the loss pitching 5.0 innings allowing one run on four hits while walking three and striking out six.
The Legends and Grasshoppers meet again tomorrow night at 7:05pm at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. LHP Kris Bubic (2-0, 2.25 ERA) will be on the bump for the Legends to face Greensboro's RHP Alex Manasa (1-0, 2.93 ERA).
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from April 22, 2019
- Lakewood Defeats Rome 10-5 in Series Opener - Rome Braves
- 'Birds Back to Winning Ways over Asheville - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Sanchez Goes Hitless as Dogs Drop Homestand Opener - Charleston RiverDogs
- Chandler Strikes out 10 in 5-0 Win - West Virginia Power
- Lexington Legends Drop Game One to Greensboro - Lexington Legends
- Big Inning Sends Shorebirds Past Tourists - Asheville Tourists
- Bohm's Bomb Breaks Tie; Claws Pull Away to 10-5 Win in Rome - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Rivera Earns First Professional Win to Start Road Trip - Augusta GreenJackets
- Columbia Stumbles in Opener to West Virginia - Columbia Fireflies
- Drive Drop Series Opener at Hagerstown on Monday - Greenville Drive
- Cate Dominant in 6-2 Win over Drive - Hagerstown Suns
- Almonte and Ornelas Double in Loss to Augusta - Hickory Crawdads
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: April 22 at West Virginia (Game 17) - Columbia Fireflies
- Ryan Rolison Named South Atlantic League Pitcher of the Week - Asheville Tourists
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- MiLB UMPS Care Charities Launches 11th Annual Auction Featuring MiLB Experiences - SAL
- Game Notes (April 22) - West Virginia Power
- Homestand #2 Preview - April 22-28 - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Legends Crowned First Half Southern Division Champions
- Legends Fall in Pitching Duel to GreenJackets
- Lexington Drops Game Two to Augusta
- Legends Sit Atop Standings Despite Loss
- Lexington's Southpaw Austin Cox Named South Atlantic League Pitcher of the Week