Lashoff Recalled by Detroit
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Friday recalled defenseman Brian Lashoff from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
??Lashoff, 28, has totaled 11 points (0-11-11), a plus-eight rating and 25 penalty minutes in 44 games with the Griffins this season. The 6-foot-3, 221-pound blueliner has skated in 444 regular season games with Grand Rapids - the second-most in franchise history - since debuting with the club during the 2008-09 campaign and has tallied 95 points (21-74-95), a plus-24 rating and 219 PIM. One of only three players to be a part of both the 2017 and 2013 Calder Cup championships, Lashoff has produced 19 points (5-14-19), a plus-one rating and 34 PIM in 73 Calder Cup Playoff contests, which also places second in the club's record book.
??Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Detroit, Lashoff has played in 123 career games with the Red Wings since 2012-13, picking up 13 points (2-11-13) and 57 PIM. He became the 126th Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL when he debuted with Detroit and netted his first goal in the same game on Jan. 21, 2013 at Columbus. Lashoff made his Stanley Cup Playoff debut in 2013 and has skated in eight postseason tilts.
??A native of Albany, N.Y., Lashoff helped the United States win the gold medal at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championship after notching two assists in seven games.
??The Griffins are at Milwaukee on Saturday at 7 p.m. EDT to begin a season-high six-game road trip.
?Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Monsters Hold off Wolves in Chicago, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Lacouvee Makes 31 Saves in Rocket 3-2 Shootout Win over Senators - Laval Rocket
- Forsberg Saves Hogs' Bacon - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Snap Wolves' Home Winning Streak - Chicago Wolves
- Forsberg's Steady Hand, Tuulola's Late Stick Help Hogs Clip Griffs - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Overcome Moose Comeback with 5-4 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
- Crunch Down Wolf Pack, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wild Ride Power Play Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Fight Until the End But Run out of Time - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Fall Despite Late Rally - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sens Beaten in Shootout by Laval - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Fall in First of Two with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Bears Rally in Third, Fall in Overtime to Marlies - Hershey Bears
- Nedeljkovic Stymies Amerks in 4-1 Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Drop Heartbreaker in Overtime to Springfield - Utica Comets
- Lashoff Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Greco Silences Comets with Penalty Shot OT Winner - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Two Goals from Stempniak Power P-Bruins over Phantoms 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Marlies Kick off Three in Three in Hershey - Toronto Marlies
- Hogs Challenge Fans to Beat the Blueliners in NCAA Bracket Challenge - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #55 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Recall Crawford from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Reassign Forward Alexandre Texier to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Utica Jr. Comets Merge with Syracuse Stars - Utica Comets
- Dallas Stars Recall Goaltender Landon Bow - Texas Stars
- Heat, Roadrunners Begin Pivotal Weekend Series Friday - Stockton Heat
- Goloubef Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Detroit Assigns Zadina to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Sign Seamus Malone to ATO - Utica Comets
- Jets Reassign Vesalainen from Jokerit to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Marlies at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, March 15 - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Justin Bailey to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.