Griffins Recall Crawford from Toledo
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Friday recalled defenseman Marcus Crawford from the ECHL's Toledo Walleye.
??Crawford, 21, made his American Hockey League debut with the Griffins during the season opener at Texas on Oct. 5 and has skated in two games.
??The 5-foot-11, 196-pound blueliner has appeared in 48 games with the Walleye during his rookie campaign and ranks second among team defensemen in scoring with 26 points (3-23-26) while adding a plus-six rating and 26 penalty minutes. He shows six points (0-6-6) in the last seven contests.
?Before turning professional, Crawford played four seasons with the Ontario Hockey League's Saginaw Spirit, totaling 149 points (23-126-149) and 174 PIM in 252 outings from 2014-18. During the 2017-18 campaign, the Ajax, Ontario, native ranked sixth among league defensemen with 53 points (13-40-53) while posting career highs in points, goals, assists and games played (68).
?The Griffins return to Van Andel Arena tonight to host the Rockford IceHogs at 7 p.m., before embarking on a season-high six-game road trip.
?Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Monsters Hold off Wolves in Chicago, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Lacouvee Makes 31 Saves in Rocket 3-2 Shootout Win over Senators - Laval Rocket
- Forsberg Saves Hogs' Bacon - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Snap Wolves' Home Winning Streak - Chicago Wolves
- Forsberg's Steady Hand, Tuulola's Late Stick Help Hogs Clip Griffs - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Overcome Moose Comeback with 5-4 Overtime Win - Texas Stars
- Crunch Down Wolf Pack, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wild Ride Power Play Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Fight Until the End But Run out of Time - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Fall Despite Late Rally - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sens Beaten in Shootout by Laval - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Fall in First of Two with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Bears Rally in Third, Fall in Overtime to Marlies - Hershey Bears
- Nedeljkovic Stymies Amerks in 4-1 Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Drop Heartbreaker in Overtime to Springfield - Utica Comets
- Lashoff Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Greco Silences Comets with Penalty Shot OT Winner - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Two Goals from Stempniak Power P-Bruins over Phantoms 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Marlies Kick off Three in Three in Hershey - Toronto Marlies
- Hogs Challenge Fans to Beat the Blueliners in NCAA Bracket Challenge - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #55 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Recall Crawford from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Reassign Forward Alexandre Texier to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Utica Jr. Comets Merge with Syracuse Stars - Utica Comets
- Dallas Stars Recall Goaltender Landon Bow - Texas Stars
- Heat, Roadrunners Begin Pivotal Weekend Series Friday - Stockton Heat
- Goloubef Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Detroit Assigns Zadina to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Sign Seamus Malone to ATO - Utica Comets
- Jets Reassign Vesalainen from Jokerit to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Marlies at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, March 15 - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Justin Bailey to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.