Larry Freedman Named Doug Hamilton Executive of the Year by MLS
Major League Soccer and LAFC today honored Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) EVP and CBO Larry Freedman as the 2019 Doug Hamilton Executive of the Year.
"It's truly an honor to be named MLS' Executive of the Year," said Freedman. "This award represents the incredible performance and contributions from our dedicated LAFC staff, the deep commitment from our community partners, the unyielding support of our ownership group and the fervent passion of our supporters and fans. Building this Club has been the most rewarding experience of my professional career and I'm grateful to have been recognized with this prestigious award."
Under Freedman's leadership, LAFC enjoyed historic success both on and off the field in 2019, just a year after he presided over the Club's record-breaking launch and inaugural season. In its second year, LAFC continued to make history, improving its overall ticketing, sponsorship and commercial metrics from its successful first season. In addition, Freedman has been dedicated to the formation and launch of the LAFC Sports Foundation, which hosted its inaugural 'Black & Gold Gala' to raise funds to further the Club's support of youth and communities across Greater Los Angeles.
LAFC has sold out every MLS home match played at the incomparable Banc of California Stadium, as the Club, which has over 17,500 season ticket members, has quickly emerged as a true destination in the crowded Los Angeles sports landscape.
Already one of the league leaders in partnership revenue, LAFC recently became the first MLS club to secure a jersey sleeve partner, agreeing to a deal with Target that will launch in 2020.
Freedman's guidance has helped the Club continue to be recognized as a leader in the sports and entertainment industry in 2019, as LAFC was the recipient of numerous awards including Fast Company's Most Innovative Company (#1 Live Events category), Front Office Sports' Best Employer in Sports and several MLS Club Executive and Sales Awards including:
MLS Ticket Sales Team Of The Year
MLS Business Analytics Team of the Year
MLS Ticket Service Excellence - Robby Gomez and Max Katkaphan
MLS Full Season Ticket Sales - Commissioner's Club
MLS Full Season Ticket Renewal - President's Club
Freedman currently serves as a member of the board of directors of the Los Angeles Tourism and Conventions and the Positive Coaching Alliance - Los Angeles. He is also a member of the advisory board of the Los Angeles Entertainment & Sports Commission and the LAFC Sports Foundation.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 9, 2019
- Sounders FC Set to Face CD Olimpia in 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC to Face Club Leon from Mexico in 2020 CONCACAF Champions League - Los Angeles FC
- New York City FC to Open 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League against AD San Carlos - New York City FC
- Atlanta United Draws FC Motagua in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Draw - Atlanta United FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: December 9, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Continues to be a Force for Good in Los Angeles Throughout the Holiday Season - Los Angeles FC
- New England Revolution Unveil $35 Million Revolution Training Center - New England Revolution
- MLS Announces 2019 Club Executive Award Winners - MLS
- Orlando City SC Signs Top Prospect, David Loera, to MLS Homegrown Contract - Orlando City SC
- Homegrown Striker Anthony Jackson-Hamel Signs New Impact Contract - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Alvin Jones - Real Salt Lake
- Garth Lagerwey Named 2019 MLS Sporting Executive of the Year - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Re-Sign Edgar Guerrero for 2020 eMLS Season - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Acquires Colombian Midfielder Andres Perea on Loan - Orlando City SC
- Larry Freedman Named Doug Hamilton Executive of the Year by MLS - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Finalizes Permanent Transfer of Emerson Hyndman - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Acquire Bill Hamid on a Permanent Transfer from FC Midtjylland - D.C. United
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Faces Rival LA Galaxy Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC and Banc of California to Host Week-Long 'Banc of Resources' Virtual Content Series Beginning October 19
- LAFC Draws the Portland Timbers 1-1 on Sunday at Providence Park
- LAFC Travels to Face the Portland Timbers Tomorrow at Providence Park
- Banc Of California Stadium To Serve As Regional Voting Center Between October 30 - November 3