Orlando City Acquires Colombian Midfielder Andres Perea on Loan
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC has acquired midfielder Andrés Perea (peh-reya) on a one-year loan with an option to buy following the completion of the 2020 Major League Soccer (MLS) season. Perea, who holds citizenship for both the United States and Colombia, joins the Lions on loan from Colombian side Atlético Nacional.
"Andrés is an exciting young prospect who we've been tracking for a while," Orlando City EVP of Soccer Operations Luiz Muzzi said. "At a very young age he already has experience playing for one of the most traditional teams in South America and has also represented Colombia in U-17 and U-20 FIFA World Cups. We're thrilled Andrés chose Orlando City as the next step in his career."
Perea, 19, made his senior debut for Atlético Nacional at the age of 17. He would go on to score his first professional goal on April 19, 2019, in a 4-0 victory for the Medellin-based club.
Born in Tampa, Fla. but raised in Colombia, Perea spent most of his soccer career as a member of the Atlético Nacional organization, first joining the club's academy at the age of six. In 2013, Perea led Atlético Nacional to the Torneo de Pony FÃºtbol championship, the youth national title of Colombia.
Internationally, Perea has appeared for Colombia at multiple levels of the national team system, earning his first call-up to the U-17 National Team in 2017 and to the U-19 team in 2019, playing in the respective FIFA World Cups for both age levels.
TRANSACTION: Orlando City acquires midfielder Andrés Perea on a one-year loan with an option to buy.
Born: November 14, 2000 in Tampa, Fla.
Hometown: Medellin, Colombia
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 9, 2019
- Sounders FC Set to Face CD Olimpia in 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC to Face Club Leon from Mexico in 2020 CONCACAF Champions League - Los Angeles FC
- New York City FC to Open 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League against AD San Carlos - New York City FC
- Atlanta United Draws FC Motagua in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Draw - Atlanta United FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: December 9, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Continues to be a Force for Good in Los Angeles Throughout the Holiday Season - Los Angeles FC
- New England Revolution Unveil $35 Million Revolution Training Center - New England Revolution
- MLS Announces 2019 Club Executive Award Winners - MLS
- Orlando City SC Signs Top Prospect, David Loera, to MLS Homegrown Contract - Orlando City SC
- Homegrown Striker Anthony Jackson-Hamel Signs New Impact Contract - Club de Foot Montreal
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Alvin Jones - Real Salt Lake
- Garth Lagerwey Named 2019 MLS Sporting Executive of the Year - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Re-Sign Edgar Guerrero for 2020 eMLS Season - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Acquires Colombian Midfielder Andres Perea on Loan - Orlando City SC
- Larry Freedman Named Doug Hamilton Executive of the Year by MLS - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Finalizes Permanent Transfer of Emerson Hyndman - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Acquire Bill Hamid on a Permanent Transfer from FC Midtjylland - D.C. United
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Acquires American Goalkeeper Brandon Austin
- Orlando City Selects Forward Derek Dodson in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Orlando City Acquires No. 8 Selection in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium
- Four City Homegrowns Join CF Pachuca for Offseason Training Stint