Lambson's Complete Game Not Enough in Pitcher's Duel
ROSEMONT, IL - The Winnipeg Goldeyes (49-40) lost 2-0 to the Chicago Dogs at Impact Field on Thursday night.
Victor Roache hit a two-out, RBI double in the bottom of the first to drive in the game's first run. Gustavo Pierre made it 2-0 with a leadoff home run in the bottom of the second.
Dogs' starting pitcher Austin Wright (6-7) picked up the win with six shutout innings on two hits. Wright walked two and struck out nine.
Mitchell Lambson (12-3) took a tough-luck, complete game loss for the Goldeyes, allowing two earned runs on six hits over eight innings. Lambson walked none, struck out seven, and at one point, retired 15 consecutive batters. It was Lambson's fourth complete game of the year, which is tied for third on the Goldeyes' single-season list.
After Casey Crosby and Rich Mascheri each worked a scoreless inning in relief of Wright, Kyle Halbohn pitched around a leadoff single from Tyler Marincov in the top of the ninth to earn his 12th save.
Marincov has hit safely in nine consecutive games.
The series concludes Friday night at 7:05 p.m. Parker French (5-5, 5.42) takes on left-hander Luke Westphal (10-2, 3.03). All the action can be heard locally on 93.7 FM CJNU and worldwide at www.cjnu.ca
The Goldeyes return home on Tuesday, August 27th when they host the Gary SouthShore RailCats at Shaw Park. Advance tickets are on sale now by visiting www.goldeyes.com/tickets or by visiting the box office at Shaw Park.
For information on 2019 season tickets, 10-game mini packs, and group tickets, call the Goldeyes' office at (204) 982-BASE, or visit the Goldeyes' official website at www.goldeyes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 22, 2019
- Byrd Spreads His Wings, Flies AirHogs to 3-2 Victory Over Sioux Falls - Texas AirHogs
- Joel Seddon Makes Canaries Debut in Loss to AirHogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Tie Franchise Road Win Streak Record, Win Ninth Straight Overall, 3-2 over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Game-Tying Run Thrown out at Plate in 9th as 'Cats Drop to Saints, 3-2 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lambson's Complete Game Not Enough in Pitcher's Duel - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wright K's Nine in Shutout Win vs. Winnipeg - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Cap off Series Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- 'Dogs Fall in Kansas City Matinee - Lincoln Saltdogs
- One More Time: Saints Pack a Promotional Punch on Season's Final Homestand August 24-30 - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Acquire Ijames, Sign Carrizales - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Big Hits Keep Explorers on Pace for Post Season - Sioux City Explorers
- Solid Pitching Prevails in Double-Header against Lincoln - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.