Solid Pitching Prevails in Double-Header against Lincoln
Kansas City, Kan.- The Kansas City T-Bones sweep the double-header against the Lincoln Saltdogs, 4-2 and 1-0, thanks to some stellar defense.
Game one was a slow start offensively until the sixth inning when Lincoln put up a run to break the silence. Cody Regis was responsible for the first run with an RBI double to score Christian Ibarra. The T-Bones weren't far behind as they put up four to answer, and that is all they would need to put the game away. Chris Colabello hit an RBI single to score Dylan Tice, tying the game at one. Casey Gillaspie singled as well, scoring Roy Morales; then Omar Carrizales got his first hit and RBI with the T-Bones with a hard-hit double to bring in Chris Colabello. Christian Correa brought the finishing touch to the onslaught, getting hit by a pitch to score Casey Gillaspie.
Winning pitcher Akeem Bostick (2-0) let up his first run in a T-Bones uniform and earned his first quality start since joining the team. Bostick now has a 0.82 ERA after two starts. Hunter Smith came in the seventh to close out the game, letting up Lincoln's second run but holding on for his second save of the season.
Losing Pitcher Ricky Knapp (4-9) went the full game, pitching six innings with only one walk but letting go eight hits on four runs. Knapp pitched a good ballgame until the sixth inning hit, and Colabello started what would be a four-run bottom of the sixth.
Game two was quiet overall in the 1-0 win over the Saltdogs with eight total hits between the two teams. Winning pitcher Jose Mesa Jr. (3-2) earned his third straight win in his last four starts. Mesa finished the night with six innings, three hits, two walks and eight strikeouts. Robert Calvano came in in the seventh and completed the combined shutout with no problems- one strikeout and no hits. Losing Pitcher Tyler Anderson put in three good innings for the Saltdogs, letting up only three hits and no runs.
KCK is now tied with Sioux City for second place after Sioux City took down the southern division first place Cleburne Railroaders 5-3. Kansas City plays game three of the four-game series tomorrow at 11:05 a.m. for a day game against Lincoln at JustBats Field at T-Bones Stadium. Catch all the action live on the T-Bones Broadcast Network.
Tickets to all T-Bones home games are on sale now online or by calling (913) 328-5618 or by visiting the Saint Luke's Box Office between the hours of 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Group ticket sales are also on sale now.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 22, 2019
- Byrd Spreads His Wings, Flies AirHogs to 3-2 Victory Over Sioux Falls - Texas AirHogs
- Joel Seddon Makes Canaries Debut in Loss to AirHogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Tie Franchise Road Win Streak Record, Win Ninth Straight Overall, 3-2 over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Game-Tying Run Thrown out at Plate in 9th as 'Cats Drop to Saints, 3-2 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lambson's Complete Game Not Enough in Pitcher's Duel - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wright K's Nine in Shutout Win vs. Winnipeg - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Cap off Series Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- 'Dogs Fall in Kansas City Matinee - Lincoln Saltdogs
- One More Time: Saints Pack a Promotional Punch on Season's Final Homestand August 24-30 - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Acquire Ijames, Sign Carrizales - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Big Hits Keep Explorers on Pace for Post Season - Sioux City Explorers
- Solid Pitching Prevails in Double-Header against Lincoln - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.