American Association Game Recap
August 22, 2019 - American Association (AA) News Release
Kansas City 5, Lincoln 2 - Box Score
The Kansas City T-Bones hit the 50-win mark with a 5-2 victory against the Lincoln Saltdogs on Thursday afternoon.
The Saltdogs found the scoreboard in the top of the first inning when DH Forrestt Allday (2-for-3) scored as 2B Tyler Moore (2-for-4) reached on a fielder's choice. But in the bottom of the frame, RF Stewart IJames and C Christian Correa each hit bases-loaded singles that plated a pair of runs to give the T-Bones a 4-1 lead. CF Omar Carrizales added another run for the T-Bones in the fifth with a single that scored DH Christopher Colabello (2-for-4).
In the ninth, the Saltdogs started to rally and 3B Christian Ibarra scored on a sac fly from RF Josh Mazzola but the T-Bones ended the threat by retiring two of the next three batters.
T-Bones starter Tommy Collier (9-5) earned the win after throwing seven innings and giving up one run on five hits while striking out eight batters.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 22, 2019
- Byrd Spreads His Wings, Flies AirHogs to 3-2 Victory Over Sioux Falls - Texas AirHogs
- Joel Seddon Makes Canaries Debut in Loss to AirHogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Tie Franchise Road Win Streak Record, Win Ninth Straight Overall, 3-2 over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Game-Tying Run Thrown out at Plate in 9th as 'Cats Drop to Saints, 3-2 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lambson's Complete Game Not Enough in Pitcher's Duel - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wright K's Nine in Shutout Win vs. Winnipeg - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Cap off Series Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- 'Dogs Fall in Kansas City Matinee - Lincoln Saltdogs
- One More Time: Saints Pack a Promotional Punch on Season's Final Homestand August 24-30 - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Acquire Ijames, Sign Carrizales - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Big Hits Keep Explorers on Pace for Post Season - Sioux City Explorers
- Solid Pitching Prevails in Double-Header against Lincoln - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.