T-Bones Cap off Series Win
Kansas City, Kan. - The Kansas City T-Bones (50-39) redeemed themselves after losing the series in Sioux City by winning the series against the Lincoln Saltdogs (37-53) with a 5-2 win this afternoon.
Tommy Collier earned his third straight win in his last five starts. After letting up a run to the Saltdogs in the first inning off a Tyler Moore fielder's choice and scoring Forrestt Allday unearned, Collier would go scoreless the rest of the game until Andrew DiPiazza and Evan Korson came in the eighth and ninth. Korson let go the second and final run for Lincoln, but it wouldn't matter in the end with five T-Bones runs.
As soon as Lincoln put one on the board, Kansas City put up four. Stewart Ijames, who was just acquired on a trade deal with the Texas AirHogs, scored Dylan Tice and Shawn O'Malley on a single, and Christian Correa hit one as well to score Ijames and Casey Gillaspie. The fifth inning would be last for the T-Bones: Omar Carrizales hit in Chris Colabello with a RBI single to make it a 5-1 ballgame. The final run for Lincoln came from the bat of Josh Mazzola, who hit a sacrifice fly to right field.
Kansas City will wait in anticipation for the result of tonight's game between Cleburne at Sioux City that starts at 7:12 p.m. A win for Sioux City means that the second-place spot in the south division remains tied, and a win for Cleburne secures the second-place spot for the T-Bones, at least for another day.
The T-Bones and Saltdogs play the final game of the series Friday night at JustBats Field at T-Bones Stadium with a first pitch at 7:05 p.m. Catch all the action live on the T-Bones Broadcast Network. Following that series KC will head back to Sioux City for a three game weekend series.
Tickets to all T-Bones home games are on sale now online or by calling (913) 328-5618 or by visiting the Saint Luke's Box Office between the hours of 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Group ticket sales are also on sale now.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 22, 2019
- Byrd Spreads His Wings, Flies AirHogs to 3-2 Victory Over Sioux Falls - Texas AirHogs
- Joel Seddon Makes Canaries Debut in Loss to AirHogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Tie Franchise Road Win Streak Record, Win Ninth Straight Overall, 3-2 over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Game-Tying Run Thrown out at Plate in 9th as 'Cats Drop to Saints, 3-2 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lambson's Complete Game Not Enough in Pitcher's Duel - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wright K's Nine in Shutout Win vs. Winnipeg - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Cap off Series Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- 'Dogs Fall in Kansas City Matinee - Lincoln Saltdogs
- One More Time: Saints Pack a Promotional Punch on Season's Final Homestand August 24-30 - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Acquire Ijames, Sign Carrizales - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Big Hits Keep Explorers on Pace for Post Season - Sioux City Explorers
- Solid Pitching Prevails in Double-Header against Lincoln - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.