LAFC to Face Portland Timbers Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) faces Western Conference rival Portland Timbers tomorrow, September 13, at 8:00 p.m. PT at Banc of California Stadium. The match will be broadcast live on YouTube TV, Estrella TV, and on radio on the ESPN LA 710AM, ESPN App and KFWB 980 AM.
This match will also aim to raise awareness for the league's Kick Childhood Cancer campaign in partnership with Continental Tire, aimed at finding better cures for all types of childhood cancer, and now more than ever, to provide support to one of the most vulnerable populations affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Additional elements will include special KCC logos, Kaiser Permanente and Continental Tire integrations, Fanatics hospital jersey gowns, the Target spotlight of a Kaiser Permanente physician and more.
The Black and Gold will be looking to bounce back after falling 3-0 to Real Salt Lake on Wednesday night at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Sunday night's contest will mark the sixth regular season meeting between the two sides, with LAFC holding a 2-1-2 record in the series.
The Black & Gold opened the 25th MLS season with a 1-0 win over expansion side Inter Miami CF on March 1 and a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on March 8 before the season was suspended on March 12 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
During the MLS is Back Tournament, LAFC was eliminated by Orlando City SC in the Quarterfinals by way of penalties, but not before picking up five regular season points in the group stage with draws against Houston Dynamo and Portland Timbers, and a 6-2 win over the Galaxy.
Since the season restart, the Club suffered back-to-back losses to the Galaxy and Seattle Sounders, took three points from San Jose, then suffered two more losses to the Galaxy and Real Salt Lake. The Black & Gold currently sit in eighth place in the Western Conference with a 3-4-3 record (12 pts).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 12, 2020
- Rubio Helps Rapids Crush Skid, Real Salt Lake - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Falls 4-2 to Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- Anthony Fontana records brace; Union take second place in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- Dynamo Fall to FC Dallas 2-1 - Houston Dynamo
- Inter Miami CF Falls 2-1 to Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium - Inter Miami CF
- Mauricio Pereyra Scores Game Winner in Lions' 2-1 Victory Over Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- Revolution Fall, 2-1, to Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- Vazquez snaps FC Cincinnati's scoreless streak - FC Cincinnati
- Kaku's Two-Assist Night Leads New York over D.C, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 1 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- D.C. United Lose 2-0 against the New York Red Bulls at Audi Field - D.C. United
- LAFC to Face Portland Timbers Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Chicago Fire FC Draw 2-2 with Columbus Crew SC at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Confirms Positive COVID-19 Case - Sporting Kansas City
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Orlando City SC - Inter Miami CF
- Storylines: City vs. Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- Impact Faces the Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Sunday at BC Place - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 2-1 on Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Statement on Positive Covid-19 Case
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Defeats Rival LA Galaxy 2-0 on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Faces Rival LA Galaxy Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium