Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 1 FC Cincinnati
New York City FC 2 - 1 FC Cincinnati
Saturday, September 12, 2020
2020 MLS Regular Season
Red Bull Arena - Harrison, NJ
New York City FC: Sean Johnson, Anton Tinnerholm , Maxime Chanot, Alex Callens, Gudmundur ThÃ³rarinsson; Keaton Parks, James Sands, Maxi Moralez (30' Gary Mackay-Steven)(90+7' Tony Rocha); JesÃºs Medina (85' Ismael Tajouri-Shradi), Héber (85' ValentÃn Castellanos), Alex Ring
SUBS UNUSED: Brad Stuver, Alexandru MitriÈÄ, Tayvon Gray, NicolÃ¡s Acevedo, Joe Scally
FC Cincinnati: Przemyslaw Tyton, Tom Pettersson, Kendall Waston, Andrew Gutman, Mathieu Deplagne; Yuya Kubo (65' Allan Cruz), Haris Medunjanin, Caleb Stanko (73' Brandon VÃ¡zquez), Joseph-Claude Gyau, Siem de Jong (65' Nick Hagglund); Jürgen Locadia
SUBS UNUSED: Spencer Richey, Greg Garza, Robert Edwards, Zico Bailey
39' - NYC - Alex Ring (Assist: Gary Mackay-Steven)
55' - NYC - Anton Tinnerholm
74' - FCC - Brandon Vazquez
52' - FCC - Kendall Waston (YC - Unsporting Behavior)
78' - NYC - James Sands (YC - Unsporting Behavior)
84' - NYC - Maxime Chanot (YC - Unsporting Behavior)
90'+5' - FCC - Mathieu Deplagne (YC - Unsporting Behavior)
New York City FC Head Coach Ronny Deila:
On NYCFC's second half...
"For almost 70 minutes we were completely dominant all over the pitch. When they got it to 2-1, we got a little shaky and they got belief. When you're two nil up you try and keep the result and high press and we did most of the time. First 70 minutes, you can't do any better than that. That's really good. The intensity, the pressure, how we break lines, the great chances, we scored two goals. They had nothing, Last 20, we were suffering after we gave them a goal. We needed to have three behind in the end to get to calm down. But we did get good control and the boys controlled the game out. We won, fully deserved."
New York City FC Defender Anton Tinnerholm:
On taking chances from distance and scoring...
"It's this time of the year. You know it's going to happen. But yeah, it was a good one. I felt like all the players were grouping to the ball and I got a little space. I have confidence in what I do right now and got a quick thought 'why not? Let's try' and it was in the back of the net. Pretty good feeling."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 12, 2020
- Rubio Helps Rapids Crush Skid, Real Salt Lake - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Falls 4-2 to Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- Anthony Fontana records brace; Union take second place in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- Dynamo Fall to FC Dallas 2-1 - Houston Dynamo
- Inter Miami CF Falls 2-1 to Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium - Inter Miami CF
- Mauricio Pereyra Scores Game Winner in Lions' 2-1 Victory Over Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- Revolution Fall, 2-1, to Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- Vazquez snaps FC Cincinnati's scoreless streak - FC Cincinnati
- Kaku's Two-Assist Night Leads New York over D.C, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 1 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- D.C. United Lose 2-0 against the New York Red Bulls at Audi Field - D.C. United
- LAFC to Face Portland Timbers Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Chicago Fire FC Draw 2-2 with Columbus Crew SC at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Confirms Positive COVID-19 Case - Sporting Kansas City
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Orlando City SC - Inter Miami CF
- Storylines: City vs. Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- Impact Faces the Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Sunday at BC Place - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- New York City FC Announces Roster Moves for 2021
- Orlando City SC 1 Ã¢ÂÂ 1 New York City FC; Orlando City SC Advances 6-5 on Penalties
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week
- New York City FC and Heineken Launch Multiyear Partnership Renewal to Kickoff 2020 MLS Playoff Campaign