LAFC Looks to Clinch Supporters'shield on Wednesday Night against Houston Dynamo
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) looks to clinch the first trophy in Club history on Wednesday, September 25 against the Houston Dynamo. The Black & Gold will have a chance to finish atop the MLS standings and claim the Supporters' Shield with a win against the Dynamo or with a loss or draw by New York City FC against Atlanta United.
Tomorrow's contest at Banc of California Stadium is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on YouTube TV, Univision KVMD, ESPN 710 AM, and 980 AM 'La Mera Mera'.
The first 10,000 fans into Banc of California stadium will receive custom Jarritos x LAFC luchador mask patches, presented by Jarritos. Fans can also purchase $1 Jarritos bottles when using Apple Pay at the Goalkeepers Market, Supporters' Section Jarritos cart, and Figueroa Club.
This past weekend, forward Carlos Vela tallied his league-best 29th goal of the season in stoppage time to salvage a 1-1 draw against Toronto FC. With his goal, Vela and teammate Diego Rossi have now combined for the most goals by two teammates in one season (44) - surpassing Atlanta's Josef Martinez and Miguel Almiron's record of 43 combined goals in 2018.
Meanwhile, the Dynamo are coming off a 2-1 win over Orlando City SC at BBVA Stadium. Former LAFC forward Christian Ramirez tallied a goal and an assist to guide the team to its 11th win of the year.
In the first regular season meeting of the season on July 12, the Black & Gold earned a 3-1 come-from-behind victory with two goals from Adama Diomande and a late tally from Diego Rossi.
Last year, LAFC went 1-0-1 in MLS play against the Dynamo - tying 2-2 in Houston on July 3 before winning 4-2 on October 12 in Los Angeles. The two sides also met in the Semifinals of the 2018 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, with LAFC falling 7-6 in penalties after tying the game 3-3.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 24, 2019
- Winners Announced for 2019 Whitecaps FC BMO Player Awards Ceremony - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC and Univision LA to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month on Wednesday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Weekly Update: September 24, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- LAFC Looks to Clinch Supporters'shield on Wednesday Night against Houston Dynamo - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Final Wednesday Night - Montreal Impact
- Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Portland Timbers - New England Revolution
- Preview: Sporting Visits Minnesota for Must-Win Match on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts LA Galaxy in First of Final Two Regular Season Home Matches of 2019 - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy: Fall Home Game Update - FC Cincinnati
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in L'Assomption on Wednesday, October 2 - Montreal Impact
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils New Downtown Stadium Renderings - Columbus Crew SC
- NYCFC Primed for Top-Three East Sides in Race for Conference Crown, Home-Field Advantage - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC and the LAFC Foundation to Host Second Black & Gold Blood Drive in Partnership with Banc of California
- LAFC and Banc of California Restructure Partnership
- LAFC & MLS Provide Update on 2020 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
- LAFC Launch the 'LAFC Food Delivery Service' Program
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Farmer John