Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday against New York City FC at Yankee Stadium in a battle of the top two teams in the Eastern Conference standings. The match is set to kick-off at 7 p.m. ET and will be televised on FOX Sports South. For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and Game Notes.
New York City sits in first place in the Eastern Conference standings with 58 points and is 10-1-5 at home in MLS play in 2019. Atlanta enters the match trailing NYCFC by four points with three games remaining in the regular season.
This will be the sixth all-time regular season meeting between the two sides and Atlanta holds a 2-1-2 record. Atlanta has also won both post-season matches, including a 1-0 win in its last trip to Yankee Stadium last November in the first leg of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. In all competitions, Atlanta is 1-1-1 at Yankee Stadium. Atlanta won the first meeting this season 2-1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium August 11 behind a Josef Martinez brace.
Atlanta is coming off a 3-1 win against San Jose Saturday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Justin Meram scored his fourth goal of the season for the game's opening goal and San Jose leveled the match to make it 1-1 at halftime. Emerson Hyndman scored the game-winning goal in the 90th minute and Pity Martinez added his fourth goal of the season in stoppage time to seal the victory.
Wednesday, Sept. 25 | Yankee Stadium, The Bronx, NY |7 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (17-11-3, 54 points) vs. New York City FC (16-5-10, 58 points)
TV | FOX Sports South
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game
6 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
6:30 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 24, 2019
- Winners Announced for 2019 Whitecaps FC BMO Player Awards Ceremony - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC and Univision LA to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month on Wednesday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Weekly Update: September 24, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- LAFC Looks to Clinch Supporters'shield on Wednesday Night against Houston Dynamo - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Final Wednesday Night - Montreal Impact
- Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Portland Timbers - New England Revolution
- Preview: Sporting Visits Minnesota for Must-Win Match on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts LA Galaxy in First of Final Two Regular Season Home Matches of 2019 - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy: Fall Home Game Update - FC Cincinnati
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in L'Assomption on Wednesday, October 2 - Montreal Impact
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils New Downtown Stadium Renderings - Columbus Crew SC
- NYCFC Primed for Top-Three East Sides in Race for Conference Crown, Home-Field Advantage - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United to Begin Small Group Training on Monday
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto Win eMLS Tournament Special
- Atlanta United Training Update: May 11
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto advance to Championship Sunday of eMLS Tournament Special
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts