FC Cincinnati Academy: Fall Home Game Update
CINCINNATI - The FC Cincinnati Academy play its first homes games this Saturday, Sept. 28, in a Development Cup game against the Chicago Fire Soccer Academy at the Mercy Health Training Center in Milford, Ohio. However, because of the site's status as an active construction site, access to the teams' Under-17 and Under-15 home games at the facility for the games will be restricted through the fall.
"We're thrilled that the Cincinnati region has really embraced the FC Cincinnati Academy and are excited to see our boys play and represent the club," Larry Sunderland, Director of Player Development, said. "However, since Mercy Health Training Center is not yet fully complete and there is 24-7 work being done on the site, we do not have the capacity yet to open our games to the general public. We look forward to the spring when we'll be able to showcase our teams - and the training center - to our supporters and fans, as well as the general public."
On-site viewing of Saturday's Under-17 and Under-15 games will be restricted to only players' families, selected guests and first-team staff. Information about arrival and parking will be distributed directly to those individuals by the club.
Once the Mercy Health Training Center is completed later this fall and further site work follows immediately after, FC Cincinnati will be able to open up FC Cincinnati Academy games to the general public this spring.
FC Cincinnati will provide updates, as well as photo and video coverage, of both of Saturday's games.
For more information about the FC Cincinnati Academy, visit //fccincinnati.com/academy or the teams' social accounts on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook at @FCCincyAcademy.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 24, 2019
- Winners Announced for 2019 Whitecaps FC BMO Player Awards Ceremony - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC and Univision LA to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month on Wednesday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Weekly Update: September 24, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- LAFC Looks to Clinch Supporters'shield on Wednesday Night against Houston Dynamo - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Final Wednesday Night - Montreal Impact
- Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Portland Timbers - New England Revolution
- Preview: Sporting Visits Minnesota for Must-Win Match on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts LA Galaxy in First of Final Two Regular Season Home Matches of 2019 - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy: Fall Home Game Update - FC Cincinnati
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in L'Assomption on Wednesday, October 2 - Montreal Impact
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils New Downtown Stadium Renderings - Columbus Crew SC
- NYCFC Primed for Top-Three East Sides in Race for Conference Crown, Home-Field Advantage - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Head coach Jaap Stam to join Friday's Braxton Brewing Co. Virtual Happy Hour on Friday
- Final West End Stadium Seat Design Released; Choice Determined Via Fan Vote and Feedback
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 26, 2020
- Jaap Stam Named FC Cincinnati Head Coach
- FC Cincinnati expand club's player development pyramid