Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati
Four new players have made their way to Cincinnati since the start of the season. Center back Maikel van der Werff was acquired from Dutch club Vitesse Arnheim. He has played the full 90 minutes in each of his nine appearances. Left back Andrew Gutman joined from Celtic on loan and has one assist in seven appearances. Additionally, Derrick Etienne was acquired on loan from the New York Red Bulls and Joseph-Claude Gyau was acquired from German club MSV Duisburg. Van der Werff and Etienne were in the starting line-up in the last game against the Chicago Fire. Gutman and Gyau entered the game as substitutes.
Emmanuel Ledesma has had his hand in a third of all of Cincinnati's goals. He leads Cincy with six goals and three assists on the season. The right winger joined in January 2018 and missed a few games at the beginning of this season because of a muscle injury.
Not surprisingly, the recent team form is not great with 1-1-3 record. Cincy had lost seven straight home games before the 0-0 draw against Chicago Fire. It was their fourth clean sheet of the season.
City met Cincinnati for the first time on May 19th this year at Exploria Stadium. Orlando won the match 5-1. FCC was leading 1-0 before Tesho Akindele and Nani each scored twice and Dom Dwyer added the final goal for City.
Rasmussen College Fun Fact
It will be City´s first game at Nippert Stadium. However, Orlando City B played there three times back in 2017. OCB won one match against FCC, lost one game and drew the other meeting.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 24, 2019
- Winners Announced for 2019 Whitecaps FC BMO Player Awards Ceremony - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC and Univision LA to Kick-Off Hispanic Heritage Month on Wednesday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Weekly Update: September 24, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- LAFC Looks to Clinch Supporters'shield on Wednesday Night against Houston Dynamo - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Final Wednesday Night - Montreal Impact
- Know Your Opponent | FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Portland Timbers - New England Revolution
- Preview: Sporting Visits Minnesota for Must-Win Match on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts LA Galaxy in First of Final Two Regular Season Home Matches of 2019 - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy: Fall Home Game Update - FC Cincinnati
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in L'Assomption on Wednesday, October 2 - Montreal Impact
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils New Downtown Stadium Renderings - Columbus Crew SC
- NYCFC Primed for Top-Three East Sides in Race for Conference Crown, Home-Field Advantage - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Announces #ALLForORL Campaign to Support Local Small Businesses
- A Letter from Orlando City SC CEO Alex Leitao
- Major League Soccer and National Women's Soccer League Extend Training Moratoriums
- Orlando City SC Issues Statement in Response to MLS Suspension and COVID-19
- By the Numbers: Nani's Return