Komets Announce Player Moves; Maggio Heads for Bridgeport
Fort Wayne, IN ---The Komets announced Thursday that defenseman Daniel Maggio has been loaned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Maggio, 21, has skated all 36 games with the Komets to date scoring four goals and 15 points and has been selected to the 2013 ECHL All-Star Team. The LaSalle, Ontario native made his pro debut with the Komets in last year's playoffs appearing in 15 Komet post-season games contributing two goals and five points en route to the CHL Presidents' Cup Championship.
Prior to joining Fort Wayne for the 2012 CHL playoffs, Maggio completed five seasons of play in the OHL skating stints with Sudbury, Guelph and Oshawa.
Komets call up Metz, Wheeler and Gates-The Komets also announced Thursday that Brayden Metz (C) and Nick Wheeler (D) have been called up from Dayton of the FHL and Jeremy Gates (D) has been called up from Pensacola of the SPHL.
Metz, 22, is expected to join the Komets for his second stint this season. The center appeared in one game with the Komets, New Year's Eve, before rejoining Dayton in the FHL where he has scored 20 goals and 59 points in 29 games.
Wheeler, 24, joins the Komets after posting 13 assists and 14 points in 16 games this season with Dayton. Gates, 25, participated in Fort Wayne's preseason camp and skated in the Komets' season opener Oct. 12 before joining Pensacola in the SPHL where he has registered three goals and ranks fifth on the Ice Flyers with 11 points appearing in all 26 games to date.
Komets host Cincinnati Saturday and Sunday-Friday the Komets start a series of three games in three nights against the Cincinnati Cyclones. The Komets trail North Division leader Cincinnati by four points. Friday night's game at Cincinnati faces off at 7:35. Both teams return to Fort Wayne for games Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 5pm at the Memorial Coliseum. Komet games are webcast at www.komets.com at Xfinity KometCast and aired on WOWO Radio AM 1190 and FM 92.3 with Bob Chase calling the play-by-play.
Tickets for all Komet home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at TicketMaster.com. Komet season tickets are still on sale at the Komet office, 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. For more information visit www.komets.com or call the Komet office at 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2013
- Reign Announce Fire on Ice V Doubleheader to Benefit the Ontario USO - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Search for Points in Five Straight, Taking on Idaho Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Three More Players Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Taylor Aronson Recalled to Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Acquire Zach Cohen from Condors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Maggio Heads for Bridgeport - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Defenseman Mark Mitera - Reading Royals
- Forward A.J. Jenks Recalled to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roller Derby and Bridal Show Highlight Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Sign Brandon Blandina - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho Adds Forward to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Partner with Hoxworth Blood Center for Fifth Annual Blood Drive - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - January 10 - ECHL
- Aces Pull off Incredible Comeback in 4-3 Shootout Win - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-Goal Lead in Shootout Loss to Alaska - Ontario Reign
- Forney's hat trick leads Colorado, Green nets first ECHL goal - Stockton Thunder
- Balanced Attack, Forney's Hat Trick Lead Eagles Past Thunder, 8-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Split Weekend Double-Header; IceMen Visit for Back-To-Back Games this Weekend; Player Moves Announced
- Komets Hammer Nailers 7-3
- Morrison Reassigned to Komets, McKenzie Returns to Fort Wayne Lineup
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener