Royals Sign Defenseman Mark Mitera
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League and the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League, today announced that the team has signed defenseman Mark Mitera ["mih TAIR ah"] to an ECHL contract.
Mitera (6'3/217) (25), a fourth year pro from Royal Oak, Michigan, scored three goals, assisted on ten others (thirteen points) and picked up forty-eight penalty minutes in seventy-six games with the Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL last season. A first round pick of the Anaheim Ducks (nineteenth overall selection) in 2006, Mitera led all defenseman on the Syracuse Crunch with twenty-two points (6g-16a) in his second full season of pro in 2010-11. Prior to turning pro, Mitera had a stellar collegiate career at the University of Michigan, where he earned the selection as Inside College Hockey's Defenseman of the Year in his junior season. That year, Mitera led the Wolverines' defenders in scoring as the team advanced to the NCAA Frozen Four. In 131 total college games, Mitera, who won a gold medal with Team USA in the U-18 World Junior Championships, recorded four goals and fifty assists (fifty-four points) and 175 penalty minutes.
The Royals continue a four game road trip with back-to-back games against the Wheeling Nailers at WesBanco Arena in Wheeling, West Virginia this Friday (January 11 @ 7:05 pm) and Saturday (January 12 @ 7:05 pm). As with all Royals road games this season, the games on Friday and Saturday will be televised locally in Berks County on BCTV courtesy of Boscov's Travel and Apple Vacations. The Game Night Broadcast kicks off at 6:35 pm on CBS Sports Radio (1240 am and 98.5 fm). Royals multi-game flex plans for the 2012-13 season presented by Steve Moyer Subaru are available at 610-898-7825 and through the Royals website: www.royalshockey.com. Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook at Reading Royals and "Follow" us on Twitter @RRoyalshockey for the latest team information!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2013
- Reign Announce Fire on Ice V Doubleheader to Benefit the Ontario USO - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Search for Points in Five Straight, Taking on Idaho Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Three More Players Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Taylor Aronson Recalled to Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Acquire Zach Cohen from Condors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Maggio Heads for Bridgeport - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Defenseman Mark Mitera - Reading Royals
- Forward A.J. Jenks Recalled to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roller Derby and Bridal Show Highlight Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Sign Brandon Blandina - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho Adds Forward to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Partner with Hoxworth Blood Center for Fifth Annual Blood Drive - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - January 10 - ECHL
- Aces Pull off Incredible Comeback in 4-3 Shootout Win - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-Goal Lead in Shootout Loss to Alaska - Ontario Reign
- Forney's hat trick leads Colorado, Green nets first ECHL goal - Stockton Thunder
- Balanced Attack, Forney's Hat Trick Lead Eagles Past Thunder, 8-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Royals' First-Ever Education Day Game January 7 at 10:30 a.m.
- Ginder Named Royals' Business Development Manager
- Royals Extend Head Coach Kirk MacDonald's Contract
- Chris Powell Joins Royals as Dir. of Corporate Sales and Sponsorships
- Royals' MacDonald Named ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year