Road Warriors Acquire Zach Cohen from Condors
Greenville, SC - The Greenville Road Warriors announced today they have acquired forward Zach Cohen from the Bakersfield Condors in exchange for the rights to defensemen TJ Fast.
Cohen has appeared in 31 games this season for the Condors, posting five goals, six assists, and 20 penalty minutes. Cohen has spent the previous three seasons playing for the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League. In 116 games with Lake Erie, Cohen put up 21 points (5G, 16A) and 49 penalty minutes.
Before turning pro, Cohen played Division One College Hockey at Boston University. In 130 games for the Terriers, Cohen tallied 31 goals and 21 assists. In 2008-09, Cohen helped the Terriers to their fifth National Championship in the program's history. In the Championship game, Cohen scored a crucial goal in the final minute of regulation to help the Terriers force overtime and eventually win over The Miami Redhawks.
The Road Warriors have a two game series against the Orlando Solar Bears on Friday and Saturday nights both of which begin at 7 p.m. Hockey Happy Hour begins on Friday at 5 p.m. with free food, discounted drinks and entertainment presented by Bubba Annie's, ROCK 101 and ABC Party Rentals. THE ROAD WARRIORS WILL BE ACCEPTING NEW CLOTHES, BLANKETS AND CANNED FOOD AT THE ENTRANCES TO DONATE TO THE VICTIMS OF HURRICANE SANDY. Fans who donate will receive a ticket voucher to the game on February 7, 2013 at 7 p.m. On Saturday, the first 1,000 kids 12 and under receive a white replica jersey presented by Scene on 7 and WSSL 100.5. Tickets to the games start as low as $9 and are available at the BI-LO Center or online at ticketmaster.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2013
- Reign Announce Fire on Ice V Doubleheader to Benefit the Ontario USO - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Search for Points in Five Straight, Taking on Idaho Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Three More Players Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Taylor Aronson Recalled to Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Acquire Zach Cohen from Condors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Maggio Heads for Bridgeport - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Defenseman Mark Mitera - Reading Royals
- Forward A.J. Jenks Recalled to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roller Derby and Bridal Show Highlight Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Sign Brandon Blandina - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho Adds Forward to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Partner with Hoxworth Blood Center for Fifth Annual Blood Drive - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - January 10 - ECHL
- Aces Pull off Incredible Comeback in 4-3 Shootout Win - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-Goal Lead in Shootout Loss to Alaska - Ontario Reign
- Forney's hat trick leads Colorado, Green nets first ECHL goal - Stockton Thunder
- Balanced Attack, Forney's Hat Trick Lead Eagles Past Thunder, 8-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly
- Swamp Rabbits Slug Solar Bears on Sunday
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Fire Shot Barrage, Fall Short in Florida
- Travis Howe Called up by AHL Tucson