Idaho Adds Forward to Roster
Boise, ID (1/10/13) - Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Brad Ralph announced Thursday morning that forward Brett Robinson has signed a contract with the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads and will be in the lineup Thursday night when Idaho plays the San Francisco Bulls.
Robinson joins the Steelheads after opening the season with Greenville in the ECHL and then playing for Quad City in the Central Hockey League. His promotion back to the ECHL comes on the heels of the end of the NHL Lockout, which has triggered a flurry of roster moves by virtually every team in the ECHL.
The 27-year-old forward is in his fourth professional season and already has a place in Steelheads' team history. Robinson scored the game-winning goal for the Cincinnati Cyclones in the decisive fifth game of the 2010 Kelly Cup finals as the Cyclones defeated the Steelheads for the top prize in the ECHL. He scored fifteen goals during the regular season in 2009-10 as a rookie and added nine more in the postseason. He netted twenty more goals during the 2011-12 season with Greenville. In all, he has played 147 games in the ECHL and scored 89 total points.
Robinson has joined the team on its current road trip which features games Thursday in San Francisco and in Bakersfield on Friday and Saturday. All three games can be heard on KTIK (1350 AM) beginning at 8 PM.
Partial-season ticket plans are still available, including the 20-voucher "Flex Plan," starting at just $279 per plan. Fans receive 20 vouchers redeemable at their convenience for any game during the regular season with lower-bowl and upper-bowl options. Contact the Steelheads front office at 383-0080 for more information or visit the team's website at www.idahosteelheads.com .
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2013
- Reign Announce Fire on Ice V Doubleheader to Benefit the Ontario USO - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Search for Points in Five Straight, Taking on Idaho Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Three More Players Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Taylor Aronson Recalled to Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Acquire Zach Cohen from Condors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Maggio Heads for Bridgeport - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Defenseman Mark Mitera - Reading Royals
- Forward A.J. Jenks Recalled to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roller Derby and Bridal Show Highlight Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Sign Brandon Blandina - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho Adds Forward to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Partner with Hoxworth Blood Center for Fifth Annual Blood Drive - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - January 10 - ECHL
- Aces Pull off Incredible Comeback in 4-3 Shootout Win - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-Goal Lead in Shootout Loss to Alaska - Ontario Reign
- Forney's hat trick leads Colorado, Green nets first ECHL goal - Stockton Thunder
- Balanced Attack, Forney's Hat Trick Lead Eagles Past Thunder, 8-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala Returns to Steelheads from Texas
- Steelheads Weekly - October 21, 2019
- Steelheads Net Four-Unanswered, Stay Unbeaten in 5-2 Win over Thunder
- Steelheads Sell out Home Opener, Start with 2-1 OT Win over Thunder
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala Recalled to Texas Stars