Forward A.J. Jenks Recalled to Charlotte
ESTERO, FL - The Florida Everblades announced Thursday that forward A.J. Jenks has been recalled by the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League.
Jenks heads to Charlotte having posted three points (1g, 2a) in 14 games played with the Everblades thus far this season. In seven games played with Charlotte this season, Jenks has logged one assist.
The 6-2, 200-pound winger totaled nine points (4g, 5a) in 52 appearances last season split between Charlotte and the San Antonio Rampage last season. In addition, Jenks posted six points (3g, 3a) in 13 games played with the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL) last year as well.
In his first pro season, Jenks registered 20 points (8g, 12a) in 63 games played with the Rochester Americans during the 2010-11 season. He totaled 193 points (79g,114a) during his four-year junior career with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League from 2006-2010.
The Wolverine Lake, Michigan native is a fourth-round selection of the Florida Panthers of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Florida plays host to the Toledo Walleye on Friday beginning at 7:30 p.m. The two teams will meet again on Saturday beginning at 7:00 p.m. Ticket Information: The Capital Bank Box Office is open Monday thru Friday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Fans may also call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000, or order online at www.ticketmaster.com HYPERLINK "http://www.ticketmaster.com" t "_blank"
Partial-season packages are still available, and start as low as $150 and offer a flexible option for fans. Discounted group ticket options are also available, and offer up to $8 in savings off of the normal ticket price. For more information, call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 .
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2013
- Reign Announce Fire on Ice V Doubleheader to Benefit the Ontario USO - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Search for Points in Five Straight, Taking on Idaho Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Three More Players Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Taylor Aronson Recalled to Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Acquire Zach Cohen from Condors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Maggio Heads for Bridgeport - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Defenseman Mark Mitera - Reading Royals
- Forward A.J. Jenks Recalled to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roller Derby and Bridal Show Highlight Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Sign Brandon Blandina - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho Adds Forward to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Partner with Hoxworth Blood Center for Fifth Annual Blood Drive - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - January 10 - ECHL
- Aces Pull off Incredible Comeback in 4-3 Shootout Win - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-Goal Lead in Shootout Loss to Alaska - Ontario Reign
- Forney's hat trick leads Colorado, Green nets first ECHL goal - Stockton Thunder
- Balanced Attack, Forney's Hat Trick Lead Eagles Past Thunder, 8-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Big Ben: Masella's Four-Point Game Lifts 'Blades over IceMen in Game 5
- Berdin Stymies Everblades in Jacksonville's Game 4 Win
- Late Comeback Falls Short in Game 3 Loss to IceMen
- 'Blades Weekly: Division Semifinals Series with IceMen Shifts to Jacksonville
- Bajkov Returned from AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds