Bulls Search for Points in Five Straight, Taking on Idaho Tonight
San Francisco Bulls (13-17-1-4, eighth place, Western Conference) vs.
Idaho Steelheads (22-7-1-4, third place, Western Conference)
When: Thursday, January 10 at 7:15 pm
Where: Cow Palace
Promotion: Thirsty Thursday
Tonight's Matchup: The San Francisco Bulls (13-17-1-4) charge back into the Cow Palace on Thursday night to face the visiting Idaho Steelheads (22-7-1-4) after a brief five day rest. This is only the second time the two squads have faced off, with six more contests left this season. In their previous match-up, the Bulls came away with the 4-2 win. Alex Tuckerman, Marek Viedensky, Scott Langdon, and Sacha Guimond all scored for the Bulls. For all but Guimond, this was their first goal in a San Francisco jersey.
The NHL lockout is finally over, and the Bulls are proud to announce the promotion of several players to the AHL. Assistant Coach Ryane Clowe and newly acquired Torrey Mitchell were released to return to their NHL teams; Clowe to the San Jose Sharks and Mitchell to the Minnesota Wild. Jamie Devane and Andrew Crescenzi were reassigned to the AHL's Toronto Marlies, minor league affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Finally, Mikael Tam and Daniil Tarasov were both recalled to the Worchester Sharks, the AHL affiliate of the San Jose Sharks. The Steelheads were also not immune to some player movement due to the end of the lockout, reassigning two players and loaning a third to the Texas Stars of the AHL.
San Francisco added two new players to their roster, defenseman Joe Tolles and forward Jonathan Lessard. Lessard started the preseason with the Bulls, but was released when the regular season began. He turns pro after five seasons in the QMJHL (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League). Lessard tied or led his team in goals scored three times, also finishing first on the team in points in 2009-10. Tolles is in his second season of professional hockey. He has played in 45 games in the ECHL over the past two seasons, recording eight points (1 goal, 7 assists).
The Steelheads currently sit in third place in the Western Conference with 49 points, eight points behind the conference-leading Alaska Aces (57 points), and just one point behind the Ontario Reign (50 points). San Francisco remains in eighth place with 31 points, two points behind the Utah Grizzlies (33 points). The Bulls retain a strong point lead on the Bakersfield Condors, who sit in ninth with 19 points.
All-star Dean Ouellet continues his strong play for the Bulls, notching his 17th goal and 14th assist in the Bulls previous game last Friday against the Colorado Eagles. His 31 points is tied for second among rookies this season. Defenseman Rob Kwiet matched Ouellet's outing against the Eagles, also posting a goal and an assist. Peter Sivak scored two goals in the third period, including the game-winner in the 4-3 victory.
It's Thirsty Thursday at the Cow Palace tonight! Purchase 12-ounce draft domestic beers and at a promotional price at select locations.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2013
- Reign Announce Fire on Ice V Doubleheader to Benefit the Ontario USO - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Search for Points in Five Straight, Taking on Idaho Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Three More Players Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Taylor Aronson Recalled to Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Acquire Zach Cohen from Condors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Maggio Heads for Bridgeport - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Defenseman Mark Mitera - Reading Royals
- Forward A.J. Jenks Recalled to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roller Derby and Bridal Show Highlight Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Sign Brandon Blandina - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho Adds Forward to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Partner with Hoxworth Blood Center for Fifth Annual Blood Drive - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - January 10 - ECHL
- Aces Pull off Incredible Comeback in 4-3 Shootout Win - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-Goal Lead in Shootout Loss to Alaska - Ontario Reign
- Forney's hat trick leads Colorado, Green nets first ECHL goal - Stockton Thunder
- Balanced Attack, Forney's Hat Trick Lead Eagles Past Thunder, 8-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.