Knights Fall to Tides 9-1 in Sunday's Finale
(NORFOLK, VA) - The Charlotte Knights dropped the finale of the six-game series against the Norfolk Tides by a score of 9-1 on Sunday from Harbor Park in Norfolk, VA. The Knights dropped five of six games against the Tides in the series.
Shortstop Lenyn Sosa provided Charlotte's lone run of the game, a solo home run in the top of the fourth inning of Sunday's six-game finale. The home run was Sosa's 23rd overall of the season combined between the Knights, Double-A Birmingham and Chicago. He recorded two of Charlotte's three hits on the afternoon.
LHP Kyle Kubat started the game for the Knights and allowed just one run over three innings. RHP Jason Bilous (1-4, 10.71), who came on in relief of Kubat, was saddled with the loss after he gave up six runs (three earned) on three hits over just 0.2 innings pitched.
The Tides tallied 11 hits and nine runs en route to a fifth win in six games against the Knights in the series. Richie Martin and Jordan Westburg had three hits apiece to pace the Norfolk offense. Catcher Cam Gallagher led the way with three RBIs.
The Knights will now have an off day on Monday before opening up a six-game road series against the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (Triple-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins) from 121 Financial Ballpark in Jacksonville, FL on Tuesday night. First pitch is on tap for 7:05 p.m. from the home of the Jumbo Shrimp. Fans can listen to the game on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte and www.CharlotteKnights.com. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 18, 2022
- Knights Fall to Tides 9-1 in Sunday's Finale - Charlotte Knights
- Madris Mashes Bulls Past Stripers 4-2, First Place Lead Now 1.5 Games - Durham Bulls
- Memphis Wins Final Two Games to Take Split - Iowa Cubs
- Gomez, Parsons Give Redbirds' a Pair of Wins on Sunday - Memphis Redbirds
- IronPigs heading home with series loss - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Freaky First Frame Pushes Toledo's Streak to Ten - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mud Hens Best Indians in Series Finale, 7-4 - Indianapolis Indians
- Jacksonville Drops Series Finale in Nashville - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Rochester Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- Wings Power by IronPigs, 12-2 - Rochester Red Wings
- Sounds Take Series with Sunday Victory - Nashville Sounds
- Francisco Álvarez Drives in Career-High Five Runs as Syracuse Rallies Back and Beats Buffalo, 9-8, in Sunday Matinee - Syracuse Mets
- Stripers See Late Lead Slip Away Again vs. Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- WorcesterHolds off RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Lose Series Finale in St. Paul, 3-1 - Louisville Bats
- Dalbec Homers Twice Again as WooSox Win Road Trip Finale - Worcester Red Sox
- Herd Hits Four Homers in 9-8 Loss to Mets - Buffalo Bisons
- Norfolk Stays Hot, Closes out Series with Win - Norfolk Tides
- Saints Pitching Dominates in 3-1 Victory over Bats - St. Paul Saints
- Omaha Drops Series Finale to Columbus - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Information: Toledo Mud Hens (79-60) vs. Indianapolis Indians (70-69) - Indianapolis Indians
- Tanner Banks Promoted to White Sox - Charlotte Knights
- Scott Effross joins RailRiders at PNC Field on a MLB rehab assignment - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - September 18 vs. Lehigh Valley - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- Exciting Ice Hockey Action Coming to Truist Field this Week
- It's All Charlotte: Knights Go #CLTBlue with Exciting Brand Refresh
- Mark Payton Named 2022 Triple-A All-Star
- It's All Charlotte Knights Go #CLTBlue with Exciting Brand Refresh
- 2022 World Series Ties to the Knights