Knights Drop Saturday's Game to Tides 4-3
(NORFOLK, VA) - RHP Spencer Adams dazzled over seven solid innings, but the Charlotte Knights dropped game three of their four-game series to the Norfolk Tides by a score of 4-3 on Saturday night from Harbor Park in Norfolk, VA. Despite the loss, the Knights have compiled a 13-8 record over their last 21 games.
Adams, who was promoted to the Knights from Double-A Birmingham on Tuesday, June 12th, made his Triple-A debut on Saturday night and was sharp. The 22-year-old Georgia native allowed just two runs on three hits over seven innings of work, but did not factor in the decision. Adams gave up two solo home runs in the game and threw 91 total pitches (56 for strikes) in an impressive debut. He was also in line for the win as he exited the game with the Knights ahead by a score of 3-2.
Unfortunately, the Tides stormed back in the bottom of the eighth inning and scored two runs off RHP Thyago Vieira (0-2, 4.55). D.J. Stewart doubled home Adrian Marin to tie the game at 3-3. Renato Núñez later drove home the go-ahead run on an RBI single, which gave the Tides a 4-3 lead and ultimately a one-run victory. Vieira was saddled with the loss.
Offensively, the Knights tallied six hits on the evening. SS Eddy Alvarez led the way as he went 2-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI. Alvarez has now reached base in 16 consecutive games. Chicago White Sox OF Leury GarcÃ-a began a major league rehab assignment and went 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
Former Charlotte RHP Jhan Marinez (2-3, 3.38) earned the win out of the Norfolk bullpen.
The Knights will conclude their four-game series against the Norfolk Tides from Harbor Park on Sunday afternoon. Pre-game radio coverage of Sunday's 1:05 p.m. game will begin at 12:50 PM on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 16, 2018
- After Six-Run Comeback, Chiefs Fall to RailRiders in 11th - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs Top PawSox 8-1 (Again) - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Clippers Offense Erupts Late in Win - Columbus Clippers
- Long Ball Hurts Bats in 7-4 Loss to Toledo - Louisville Bats
- Trio of Stripers' Homers Topple Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- RailRiders Escape with 11-inning Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Tribe Sees Four-Run Lead Erased in 10-4 Defeat - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Defeat Bats in Front of Sellout Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tides Pass Charlotte Late 4-3 - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Fall to Plates in Extras, 6-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Drop Saturday's Game to Tides 4-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Miscues Costs Bulls in 8-5 Loss to Stripers - Durham Bulls
- Pigs Back Anderson with Eight Runs against PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Gordon's Little League Homer Leads to Wings Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Pawtucket Falls 8-1 to IronPigs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 16 - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Celebrate Father's Day at Coca-Cola Park - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- The Setup: IronPigs and PawSox Resume Four-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pearce Joins Bisons on MLB Rehab Stint - Buffalo Bisons
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Saturday, June 16, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Rochester (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes 6-16 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) at Columbus Clippers (33-32) - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- 2019 Collegiate Baseball Series Schedule Revealed Today
- Hurricane Florence Collection Drive Set for September 26th at BB&T Ballpark
- Charlotte's Parrott Named IL Sports Turf Manager of the Year for Second Straight Season
- Knights Crowned 2018 Minor League Baseball Attendance Champions
- Knights Win 2018 Regular Season Finale 6-1