Knights Batter the Shrimp 11-2 on Wednesday
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) - As the weather has heated up, so has Tim Beckham.
Beckham launched two home runs and third baseman Jake Burger chipped in with a homer of his own to propel the Charlotte Knights to a commanding 11-2 win over the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp on Wednesday in game two of the six-game series from Truist Field in Uptown Charlotte.
The month of June has been nothing short of spectacular for Beckham, who has recorded seven home runs in the month. After a two-homer game to begin the series on Tuesday night, the 31-year-old infielder launched two more big home runs on Wednesday. He now has six home runs over his last eight games and leads the Knights with eight for the season.
Burger continued his impressive season and hit his seventh home run of the year in the seventh inning of Wednesday's game. He finished the night 2-for-5 with the home run and four RBIs. Right fielder Gavin Sheets added two RBIs and now leads the team in that category with 26 on the year. Shortstop Matt Reynolds had two hits on the night and extended his hit streak to a team-best 10 consecutive games. He also upped his average to .304 on the season.
RHP Alex McRae (1-2, 6.11) earned the win on the mound for the Knights in just his second start of the season. McRae allowed just one run on four hits over five innings to notch his first victory of the season. A total of four Charlotte relievers combined to hold the Shrimp to just one run over the final four innings of the game.
The Knights and Jumbo Shrimp will continue their series on Thursday with game three at 7:04 p.m. from Truist Field. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad and long-time radio broadcaster Mike Pacheco will have the call on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte and www.CharlotteKnights.com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from June 16, 2021
- Isbel, Rivera Homer in Loss to Louisville - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Brantly's Bomb in Tenth Boosts RailRiders over Syracuse - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Jumbo Shrimp Stifled by Knights, 11-2 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Knights Batter the Shrimp 11-2 on Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Iowa Falls in Pitcher's Duel - Iowa Cubs
- Firing Blanks, Saints Shutout Iowa Cubs 2-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Sulser Shuts Down Redbirds in Quality Start - Indianapolis Indians
- Herd Held to Two Hits in 2-0 Loss in Rochester - Buffalo Bisons
- Sounds Fall in Gwinnett, Drop Fourth Straight - Nashville Sounds
- Bulls Steer Past Tides 7-5 - Durham Bulls
- Memphis Drops Game Two in Indy - Memphis Redbirds
- Moniak, Haseley lead charge in win over WooSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Seven-Game Win Streak Snapped in 8-2 Loss to Lehigh Valley - Worcester Red Sox
- Wings Blank Bisons Wednesday Night - Rochester Red Wings
- June 16 Game Notes: Iowa at St. Paul - Iowa Cubs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (19-17) vs. Memphis Redbirds (15-22) - Indianapolis Indians
- Mud Hens Prevail in Offensive Explosion - Toledo Mud Hens
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: June 16, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - June 16, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings to Increase Capacity Starting in July - Rochester Red Wings
- Sounds Begin 12-Game, 13-Day Homestand on Tuesday, June 22 - Nashville Sounds
- Gwinnett Stripers to Host Tributes to Hank Aaron, Phil Niekro from June 18-20 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chasers Club Five Homers in Series-Opening Win over Louisville - Omaha Storm Chasers
- O'Hearn, Viloria Overwhelm Bats in 11-5 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Saints Comeback Falls Short against I-Cubs, 3-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Iowa Outlasts St. Paul in Opener - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.