Knicks Win by Season-High Margin, Down Erie 123-106
ERIE, PA - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, outscored the Erie BayHawks by 21 points in the second half and won by their largest margin of the season, 123-106, Saturday evening at Erie Insurance Arena. After enduring five straight losses, Westchester has now won three of its last four.
It took Westchester (4-7) nearly four minutes to put its first points on the board while the BayHawks (4-8) enjoyed an 11-point flurry in the span. Andrew White III drove to the hole at the 8:01 mark of the onset to sever Erie's run, 11-2.
From the point until the first quarter concluded, the Knicks outscored the hosts 22-16 commanded by Lamar Peters (7 PTS) and White III (6 PTS) who credited more than half of the team's offensive output in the window. Peters lent three helpers in the opening quarter. He would end with four.
The second quarter saw a near even effort from both clubs as Erie scored 34 and Westchester posted 33 points. The two clubs would be separated by just four points at the break, 61-57.
Perimeter defense and an offensive exhibition pushed the Knicks ahead by nine by the third quarter's end, 91-86. Westchester shot 68.4-percent from the floor and 50-percent from distance while holding Erie to just 37-percent from the field. Moreover, Erie attempted 16 threes but only connected on five of them.
Perpetual offense kept the Knicks going in the fourth quarter. They tallied their highest lead all game, up 19 three times in the period, the final time with just 59 ticks remaining in the contest.
Peters paced the Knicks with 23 points off the bench. White III logged 20 points on 69.2-percent to go along with six boards and two assists. Two-Way player Ivan Rabb contributed a double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds, his third this season. Two-Way player Kadeem Allen scored 10 points and dished a team-high six assists.
Jalen Adams led Erie with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Kavell Bigby-Willliams scored 10 points and hauled 16 rebounds for a double-double. Josh Gray's eight assists tabbed a game-high.
Westchester travels to intrastate rival, Long Island Nets, Wednesday, December 11 for an 11 AM matinee.
Lamar Peters Leads Westchester with 23 Points off the Bench - https://youtu.be/m4JE1AVE7kQ Andrew White III Scores 20 Points in Westchester Win - https://youtu.be/eAG7PQrDa8s
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Herd Claims Best Record in G League, Downs Rio Grande Valley 128-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- First Half Turnovers Hold Suns Back in Loss to Stars - Northern Arizona Suns
- Fab Five Lead Wolves to Road Victory over Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Rally Falls Short against Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Bested in the Capital City - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs Fall to Iowa Wolves 128-115 - Austin Spurs
- Second Unit Helps South Bay Hand Memphis First Loss of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Win by Season-High Margin, Down Erie 123-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Greensboro Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Brown's Record Night Not Enough for Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Acquires Tai Odiase Via Player Pool - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.