Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants defeated Raptors 905, 102-101, in a comeback affair at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Saturday night.
Raptors 905 (3-7) bolted out of the game and grew a lead to as large as 21 in the first half due to 20 points from Justin Anderson, who ended the night with 31 points.
Out of the halftime break, Fort Wayne (3-9) regained momentum by going on a 23-7 run in the first 6:04 in the third quarter to take the first lead of the game.
Raptors 905 responded in the fourth quarter to push the lead back to 87-77 with 10:01 to play in the game, but the Mad Ants responded once again with a 15-2 run to gain the advantage back.
After six lead changes in the final four minutes, the Mad Ants were able to hang on after Pacers two-way guard Naz Mitrou-Long knocked down one free throw with seven seconds remaining to break the final tie of the game.
Mitrou-Long ended his night with the seventh triple-double in franchise history highlighted by 16 points, 12 rebounds and 12 assists. He joins Walker Russell as the only Mad Ants players to record multiple triple-doubles in franchise history.
Walt Lemon, Jr. finished the night with a season-high 36 points, seven rebounds and two assists. Lemon's 16 made field goal attempts tied a franchise record for most made field goals in a game by a Mad Ants player.
Stephan Hicks ended the night with 21 points and nine rebounds.
For 905, Oshae Brissett added 20 points, five rebounds and two blocks.
The Mad Ants head south to take on Lakeland on Tuesday, while Raptors 905 will stay on the road and take on Long Island on Monday night.
Fort Wayne returns home on Friday at 7 p.m. to face the Erie BayHawks in the first game of a back-to-back with Erie. Friday night is Star Wars night, presented by Moore and Associates.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Herd Claims Best Record in G League, Downs Rio Grande Valley 128-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- First Half Turnovers Hold Suns Back in Loss to Stars - Northern Arizona Suns
- Fab Five Lead Wolves to Road Victory over Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Rally Falls Short against Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Bested in the Capital City - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs Fall to Iowa Wolves 128-115 - Austin Spurs
- Second Unit Helps South Bay Hand Memphis First Loss of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Win by Season-High Margin, Down Erie 123-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Greensboro Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Brown's Record Night Not Enough for Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Acquires Tai Odiase Via Player Pool - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2021 Roster Released
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Announce Tom Hankins as Head Coach
- Pacers Sports & Entertainment Concludes Statewide Toy Drive with Stops in Evansville and Fort Wayne
- Mad Ants' Tim Bawmann to be Inducted into Futures League Hall of Fame
- Mad Ants and NBA G League Update Regarding Ticketing