Fab Five Lead Wolves to Road Victory over Spurs
Cedar Park, Texas - The Iowa Wolves (6-5) picked up an impressive road win Saturday night, defeating the Austin Spurs (6-6) 128-115 at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park and are now over .500 for the first time this season.
Five players scored 20 or more points for the Wolves during the contest, combining to score 113 of the total 128 points.
Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Jaylen Nowell finished with a game-high 27 points on 9-of-15 shooting from the floor, including 4-of-5 from deep. The 2019 NBA second round pick also pulled down a team-high eight rebounds to go along with six assists in the win.
Iowa continued its hot shooting streak against Austin, converting 46-of-78 (59.0%) from the field, including 17-of-36 (47.2%) from the three-point line. The Wolves have now shot 50.0% or greater in each of their last five games.
Jordan Murphy had his second-straight game scoring a season-high in points, finishing with 21 points on 9-of-11 shooting.
Two-way guard Jordan McLaughlin tallied 22 points and six assists while fellow two-way forward Kelan Martin added 20 points, including four three-pointers made.
Former Iowa State University guard Lindell Wigginton rounded out the five Wolves players with 20-plus points, finishing with 23 points off the bench, including a team-best five three-pointers made.
Iowa led by as many as 20 points during Saturday night's contest.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Keldon Johnson finished with a team-high 25 points for Austin.
Iowa will finish out its two-game road swing Tuesday night against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Herd Claims Best Record in G League, Downs Rio Grande Valley 128-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- First Half Turnovers Hold Suns Back in Loss to Stars - Northern Arizona Suns
- Fab Five Lead Wolves to Road Victory over Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Rally Falls Short against Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Bested in the Capital City - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs Fall to Iowa Wolves 128-115 - Austin Spurs
- Second Unit Helps South Bay Hand Memphis First Loss of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Win by Season-High Margin, Down Erie 123-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Greensboro Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Brown's Record Night Not Enough for Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Acquires Tai Odiase Via Player Pool - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors