Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109
UNIONDALE, NY - The Santa Cruz Warriors defeated the Long Island Nets (2-9) 119-109 to end their three-game road trip with a 2-1 mark and even their record on the season to 6-6. Jeremy Pargo led all scorers with 28 points, hitting 11-of-17 from the field, while Devyn Marble earned his first double-double of the season with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Alen Smailagic, on assignment from Golden State, tallied 14 points and five rebounds in 24 minutes.
The Warriors had separate 12-2 runs in the first and second quarter to carry a 15-point lead into halftime and increased the lead to 19 points at the end of three quarters, 94-76. The Nets rallied in the fourth with a 19-2 run and back-to-back three-pointers to cut the Warriors lead to five, but a Pargo three brought the lead back to eight and the Warriors held on for the road victory. Long Island hit 19 three-pointers on 46 attempts (41.3 percent), but Santa Cruz hit 50.6 percent of its field goals and committed just 12 turnovers in the game.
The Santa Cruz reserves chipped in 44 points, including 17 from Andrew Harrison and 15 from Juan Toscano-Anderson (5-of-7 FG). Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot led the Nets with 26 points, including five threes (10-of-20 FG, 5-of-10 3FG) while Jaylen Hands also hit five threes (5-of-9 3FG) on his way to 21 points in the losing effort.
The Warriors will return to Kaiser Permanente on December 8 for a 5:00 p.m. tip against the Windy City Bulls. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a White Out T-Shirt presented by Something Inked.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Herd Claims Best Record in G League, Downs Rio Grande Valley 128-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- First Half Turnovers Hold Suns Back in Loss to Stars - Northern Arizona Suns
- Fab Five Lead Wolves to Road Victory over Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Rally Falls Short against Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Bested in the Capital City - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs Fall to Iowa Wolves 128-115 - Austin Spurs
- Second Unit Helps South Bay Hand Memphis First Loss of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Win by Season-High Margin, Down Erie 123-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Greensboro Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Brown's Record Night Not Enough for Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Acquires Tai Odiase Via Player Pool - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.