Lakeland Magic Fall to Greensboro Swarm
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, fell to the Greensboro Swarm 104-94 in game two of a back-to-back at the RP Funding Center.
BJ Johnson was on fire in the first quarter scoring 15 points to give Lakeland a 27-18 lead after one. The Magic led by 14 but the Swarm would take a one point 49-48 lead into the locker room at the half. The Swarm outscored the Magic 31-24 in the third quarter and secured an eight-point lead moving into the final quarter.
Josh Magette led the way for Lakeland scoring 29 points, 5 rebounds and 8 assists. BJ Johnson posted 18 points and 6 rebounds before fouling out of the game with 10:53 remaining. Vic Law scored 15 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists. Jon Davis came off the bench to score 12 points and 3 rebounds.
The Swarm had five players in double figures. Jalen McDaniels had 23 points and 5 rebounds. Cody Martin was just shy of the double-double scoring 20 points and 9 rebounds. Kobi Simmons had a double-double with 19 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists. Caleb Martin posted 13 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds. Joe Chealey was a key contributor with 11 points.
The Magic were shorthanded with Domingo, Humphries, and Tisdale all inactive due to injury.
Lakeland had 23 turnovers in tonight's game which proved to be a key factor exacerbated by Johnson's early exit. The Swarm also had 56 (28/51) points in the paint compared to Lakeland's 26 (13/32).
The Lakeland Magic are back at home on Tuesday night to take on the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Tip-off at the RP Funding Center is set for 7:00 pm for Two for Tuesday including $2 tickets, beers, hot dogs and Pepsi fountain drinks. The game will be available on NBAGLeague.com.
Lakeland Magic single-game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Herd Claims Best Record in G League, Downs Rio Grande Valley 128-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- First Half Turnovers Hold Suns Back in Loss to Stars - Northern Arizona Suns
- Fab Five Lead Wolves to Road Victory over Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Rally Falls Short against Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Bested in the Capital City - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs Fall to Iowa Wolves 128-115 - Austin Spurs
- Second Unit Helps South Bay Hand Memphis First Loss of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Win by Season-High Margin, Down Erie 123-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Greensboro Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Brown's Record Night Not Enough for Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Acquires Tai Odiase Via Player Pool - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.