Charge Bested in the Capital City
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Canton Charge (8-4), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, were defeated by the Capital City Go-Go (6-6), 113-108, at the Entertainment and Sports Arena on Saturday night.
Canton was led by a trio of 20+ point scorers, with Levi Randolph providing 22 points, seven rebounds and three steals in 37 minutes. Malik Newman scored 16 of his game-high 24 in the first half for Canton. Dean Wade posted his second consecutive double-double and third of the year with a 21 point, 10 rebound effort in 36 minutes. Sheldon Mac scored 12 points off the bench, while Dylan Windler played 19 minutes on assignment from Cleveland and scored five points and grabbed four rebounds.
The Charge held a 93-86 lead at the 8:46 mark in the fourth quarter before the Go-Go hit four straight shots on a 12-2 run to pull ahead for good on the game's 17th lead change. A well-rounded effort of eight players were in double figures scoring propelling Capital City tonight, led by Justin Robinson's 18 points, eight boards and six assists in 34 minutes. Admiral Schofield and Mike Cobbins each added 13 points for the Go-Go.
Canton has a pair of back-to-back home games beginning with a 1-2-3 Friday presented by Sugardale against the Grand Rapids Drive on December 13th at 7:00 p.m. For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com. or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in downtown Cleveland.
Images from this story
Canton Charge guard Malik Newman vs. the Capital City Go-Go
Dylan Windler of the Canton Charge shoots against the Capital City Go-Go
Dylan Windler and Lvi Randolph of the Canton Charge
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Herd Claims Best Record in G League, Downs Rio Grande Valley 128-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- First Half Turnovers Hold Suns Back in Loss to Stars - Northern Arizona Suns
- Fab Five Lead Wolves to Road Victory over Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Rally Falls Short against Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Bested in the Capital City - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs Fall to Iowa Wolves 128-115 - Austin Spurs
- Second Unit Helps South Bay Hand Memphis First Loss of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Knicks Win by Season-High Margin, Down Erie 123-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Fall to Greensboro Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Brown's Record Night Not Enough for Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Acquires Tai Odiase Via Player Pool - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.