Kirt Hill Named Oil Kings President of Hockey Operations and General Manager
(Edmonton, AB) - The Edmonton Oil Kings have named Kirt Hill as President of Hockey Operations and General Manager. Hill joins the Oil Kings after serving as an amateur scout for the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL) during the 2017-18 season.
The Winnipeg, MB native brings a wealth of Western Hockey League (WHL) experience, working for the League from 2014-17 serving as the Manager of Player Development and Recruitment as well as the Director of Hockey Operations. Prior to his roles with the WHL, Hill worked as a member of the Ottawa Senators (NHL) marketing department during the 2013-14 season.
Hill was drafted by the Kelowna Rockets (WHL) in the 2003 WHL Bantam Draft selected 40th overall (2nd round). He spent two and a half seasons with the Rockets winning the 2005 WHL Championship before joining the Regina Pats (WHL) from 2006-2008. In addition, he won gold with Team Canada West in 2004 at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
Following four seasons played in the WHL, he played one season (2008-2009) with the Lincoln Stars (USHL) and four seasons (2009-2013) with the University of Waterloo Warriors (U-Sports). Hill graduated from the University of Waterloo in 2013 with an undergraduate degree in Recreation and Sports Business.
"Kirt came to us as a very highly recommended up and coming hockey executive," said Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Peter Chiarelli. "He was very impressive during the interview process and we believe he has the vision to lead the Oil Kings and build on the legacy of success."
The Oil Kings also announced today Daniel Troiani has been appointed as Director, Business Operations for the franchise. Troiani has been with OEG for over seven years, with the majority of that time spent in the Oil Kings ticket sales department.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 27, 2018
- Toporowski Competing at USA Hockey National Player Development Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Wheat Kings to Choose Two in CHL Import Draft - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blades Will Make Two Selections in Th Ursday's CHL Import Draft - Saskatoon Blades
- Silvertips Goaltender Dustin Wolf to Participate in Team USA Select 17 Player Development Camp - Everett Silvertips
- 2018 CHL Import Draft Set for Thursday, June 28 - WHL
- Warriors & DFFH Board Partner for Major Upgrade - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Brockman Named Broncos New Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats to Make Two Selections in CHL Import Draft - Regina Pats
- Americans Will Make Selection in 2018 CHL Import Draft - Tri-City Americans
- ICE Launch ICE Kids Club Presented by Denham Ford - Kootenay Ice
- Former Rockets Forward Named New Oil Kings GM - Kelowna Rockets
- Spokane Releases Fafrak, Will Select One Player in Import Draft - Spokane Chiefs
- Evan Richardson, Andy Kemper Step Down from Winterhawks Broadcasts - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Releases Independent Investigation Report on Oregon Senate Hearing Allegations - WHL
- Oil Kings Name Brad Lauer as Head Coach - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Kirt Hill Named Oil Kings President of Hockey Operations and General Manager - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Brett Connolly Stanley Cup Celebration August 20th - Prince George Cougars
- Charities Benefit from 50/50 Sales at 100th Mastercard Memorial Cup - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edmonton Oil Kings Stories
- Fix-Wolansky Named to Team WHL Roster for 2018 Cibc Canada Russia Series
- Neighbours and Cossa Selected to Represent Canada at World U17 Hockey Challenge
- Oil Kings Trade Forward Brendan Semchuk to the Kootenay Ice
- Oil Kings Announce 2018-19 Leadership Group
- Oil Kings Acquire Goaltender Myskiw from Wheat Kings