Spokane Releases Fafrak, Will Select One Player in Import Draft
Spokane, Wash. - The Spokane Chiefs have released forward Milos Fafrak and are expected to make one selection in the 2018 CHL Import Draft. Spokane holds the 50th overall pick in the draft, which will begin at 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT on Thursday, June 28.
Fafrak, a 1999-born forward from Martin, Slovakia, played 66 games for the Chiefs last season, scoring nine goals and adding 10 assists for 19 points. He was the Chiefs' first round (18th overall) choice in the 2017 import draft.
Fafrak's release opens one import player spot for Spokane. The other is occupied by Czech defenseman Filip Kral, who was the Chiefs' second round (78th overall) pick in last year's draft. Kral earned the Chiefs' Rookie of the Year award after posting nine goals and 35 points in 54 games, and was selected in the fifth round (149th overall) in last week's NHL Entry Draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 27, 2018
- Toporowski Competing at USA Hockey National Player Development Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Wheat Kings to Choose Two in CHL Import Draft - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blades Will Make Two Selections in Th Ursday's CHL Import Draft - Saskatoon Blades
- Silvertips Goaltender Dustin Wolf to Participate in Team USA Select 17 Player Development Camp - Everett Silvertips
- 2018 CHL Import Draft Set for Thursday, June 28 - WHL
- Warriors & DFFH Board Partner for Major Upgrade - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Brockman Named Broncos New Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats to Make Two Selections in CHL Import Draft - Regina Pats
- Americans Will Make Selection in 2018 CHL Import Draft - Tri-City Americans
- ICE Launch ICE Kids Club Presented by Denham Ford - Kootenay Ice
- Former Rockets Forward Named New Oil Kings GM - Kelowna Rockets
- Spokane Releases Fafrak, Will Select One Player in Import Draft - Spokane Chiefs
- Evan Richardson, Andy Kemper Step Down from Winterhawks Broadcasts - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Releases Independent Investigation Report on Oregon Senate Hearing Allegations - WHL
- Oil Kings Name Brad Lauer as Head Coach - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Kirt Hill Named Oil Kings President of Hockey Operations and General Manager - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Brett Connolly Stanley Cup Celebration August 20th - Prince George Cougars
- Charities Benefit from 50/50 Sales at 100th Mastercard Memorial Cup - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Chiefs Stories
- Trio of Second Period Goals Sinks Saskatoon as Spokane Wins 5-1
- Chiefs End Successful Road Trip with 2-0 Loss in Everett
- Late Goal from Beckman Caps Saturday Night Thriller in Kennewick
- Chiefs Tie with Extra Attacker, Win in Overtime at Portland
- Forward Blake Swetlikoff Reassigned