Jumbo Shrimp Ranked Among MiLB's Top 25 in Licensed Merchandise Sales for Second Straight Year
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - For the second consecutive year, the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are among Minor League Baseball's Top 25 teams in licensed merchandise sales for 2018, MiLB announced on Monday.
Jacksonville's back-to-back top-25 rankings are a first in club history. Prior to the franchise's name change in November of 2016, Jacksonville had appeared just once in Minor League Baseball's top 25 in licensed merchandise sales (1997).
"It is an honor to be included on this list in each of our first two years as the Jumbo Shrimp," said general manager Harold Craw. "Our front office and merchandise manager Brennan Earley have strived to come up with new, fun and creative ideas for Jumbo Shrimp merchandise, and the support and excitement we have received from our fans in Jacksonville and its surrounding areas is nothing short of extraordinary."
The Jumbo Shrimp are one of 19 teams in the minors to maintain their top 25 status from 2017. Jacksonville is the first repeat top-25 team from the Southern League since Pensacola in 2012-13, and the only Southern League squad represented since 2015.
Minor League Baseball set a record in 2018 for licensed merchandise sales, with the combined totals of all 160 teams compiling more than $73.8 million in retail sales. That figure marks a 4.2 percent increase over 2017's total of $70.8 million, which had been the highest total recorded since Minor League Baseball's Licensing Program began in 1992. The number are based on total licensed merchandise sales from Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2018, and included the 160 across the minor leagues.
On non-gamedays, the Jumbo Shrimp Team Store is open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. On gamedays, weekends and holidays, please call (904) 358-2846 to confirm store hours. Fans can also purchase Jumbo Shrimp apparel on www.jaxshrimp.com.
The Jumbo Shrimp return to the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville for Thursday's 7:05 p.m. contest to start a six-game series with the Mississippi Braves. Tickets are available on www.jaxshrimp.com, and can also be purchased by visiting the Jumbo Shrimp box office or calling the club at (904) 358-2846.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Gausman Deals Quality Start in Extra-Inning Win - Mississippi Braves
- Big Inning for Biloxi Delivers Series-Opening Win - Biloxi Shuckers
- Smokies Clobber Mobile in Series Opener - Tennessee Smokies
- Biscuits Bury Wahoos, 9-2 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Six Straight: Generals Run Win Streak to Six Games with 8-4 Victory - Jackson Generals
- Jacksonville Drops Series Opener in 10 Innings to M-Braves - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Lookouts Collapse with 5th Inning Rally at Biloxi - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Barons Downed by Generals in Series Opener - Birmingham Barons
- Southern League MVP Corey Ray Added to Shuckers Roster - Biloxi Shuckers
- Blue Wahoos Add Two Former Big Leaguers to Roster - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Biloxi Shuckers Homestand Highlights July 11-16 - Biloxi Shuckers
- Vigil to Jacksonville, Nieto to Jupiter, Sanchez Returns - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, July 11 vs. Mississippi - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Kevin Gausman to M-Braves, Ender Inciarte to Gwinnett - Mississippi Braves
- Generals Gameday: July 11 vs. Birmingham - Jackson Generals
- Jumbo Shrimp Ranked Among MiLB's Top 25 in Licensed Merchandise Sales for Second Straight Year - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Stories
- Start of Jumbo Shrimp's Season Postponed Until at Least May 1
- Jumbo Shrimp's HERO Program Offers Fans Undated Ticket Vouchers, Donation to First Coast Relief Fund, Chance to Win 2021 Trip to Spring Training
- Jumbo Shrimp Team Offices to Close to Prevent Spread of COVID-19
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Statement Regarding Ticket Office and Souvenir Store
- A Message from Jumbo Shrimp Owner Ken Babby