Generals Gameday: July 11 vs. Birmingham
Jackson Generals (50-40 Overall, 11-9 Second Half)
Vs. Birmingham Barons (41-48, 14-6 Second Half)
Thursday, July 11 | 6:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson
Game 91 | Home Game 40 | Second Half Game 21
Generals SP: RHP Bo Takahashi (6-4, 3.19 ERA)
Opponent SP: RHP Blake Battenfield (2-2, 5.15 ERA)
SERIES PRIMER: The Generals host the Birmingham Barons (AA, Chicago White Sox) for the second time and final time in 2019, playing a six-game series at The Ballpark at Jackson. The two teams will meet in 21 games over four separate series in 2019, though 15 of those games already happened in three First Half series. Jackson went 4-1 against Birmingham in April, 3-1 in their rain-shortened series in May, and 3-3 in June.
CWS Top-30 Prospects at BIR: 2B Nick Madrigal (#4), OF Blake Rutherford (#8), OF Luis Gonzalez (#9), RHP Alec Hansen (#14), RHP Zach Burdi (#15), SS Laz Rivera (#16), 1B Gavin Sheets (#17), RHP Lincoln Henzman (#24), LHP Bernardo Flores (#27), RHP Codi Heuer (#28)
LAST GAME: Chattanooga, Tenn. - The Jackson Generals, the Double-A affiliate of Major League Baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks, waged an uphill battle in Chattanooga on Tuesday and fought all the way to the top, earning a 7-5 victory at AT&T Field. The Generals (50-40) beat the Lookouts (44-45) for the fifth straight time, aided by a late surge against the Chattanooga bullpen.
Full Recap: JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com
TODAY'S PITCHING MATCHUP: Coming off a decent start against Chattanooga last week (5.1 IP, 2 ER), Bo Takahashi will deploy against Birmingham, seeing the Barons for the third time this year. Takahashi's first two starts against the Barons were a mixed bag: 4.0 IP, 5 ER in April, and 5.2 IP, 1 ER in May. He has allowed home runs in three of his last four starts, including both of his starts after the All-Star Break. He faces Blake Battenfield, an Oklahoma State alum who gave up three earned runs in six innings against the Generals back on June 5, striking out 7 without a walk. In his last 3 outings after the All-Star break, Battenfield has allowed 8 earned runs and 15 hits in 12.1 innings.
THREE WEEKS NOTICED: Three weeks after the Southern League's All-Star Game, the Jackson offense is running on the fuel supplied primarily shortstop Jazz Chisholm, utility man Ramon Hernandez, and catchers Daulton Varsho and Dominic Miroglio. No other Generals boast an OPS over .800 in that span, with Chisholm leading the group in total bases (39) and RBI (16). With Ben DeLuzio and Andy Young being recently promoted to Triple-A Reno, the Generals are counting on sustained excellence from this quartet to win in July.
WILLIE NELSON & ALISON KRAUSS, LIVE IN JACKSON!
Tickets for Tuesday, September 17th's Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss concert at The Ballpark at Jackson go on sale on Friday, July 12 at 10am on JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com. Don't miss seeing these 2 stars!
ALL THE KIDS ARE DOING IT: The Junior Generals Kids Club has been completely revamped for 2019, with over 200 participants already signed up! New achievement levels are in place, with rewards given to the most loyal fans. Get the most out of your child's time at The Ballpark - sign them up today!
KIDS CLUB 2019 LINK
|GENERALS TICKETS SUMMARY|
General Admission (GA): $6 in advance, $8 on game day
Reserved Seating: $10 in advance, $12 on game day
Group Picnics: $7/person (plus food) for 15+ people; $6/person for 100+
Suites/Party Decks: Please call the front office for pricing & availability.
Belly Buster Monday Nights:
$16 bottomless popcorn, hot dogs, burgers, ice cream, soda & nachos
$1 Dollar Thursday Nights:
$1 tickets, hot dogs, popcorn, and soda; $1 beer for age 21+
Generals partner with a local non-profit for in-game promotion; call us for details!
The 2019 baseball season is here! Get your tickets today: dial 731.988.5299 or log on to JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Gausman Deals Quality Start in Extra-Inning Win - Mississippi Braves
- Big Inning for Biloxi Delivers Series-Opening Win - Biloxi Shuckers
- Smokies Clobber Mobile in Series Opener - Tennessee Smokies
- Biscuits Bury Wahoos, 9-2 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Six Straight: Generals Run Win Streak to Six Games with 8-4 Victory - Jackson Generals
- Jacksonville Drops Series Opener in 10 Innings to M-Braves - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Lookouts Collapse with 5th Inning Rally at Biloxi - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Barons Downed by Generals in Series Opener - Birmingham Barons
- Southern League MVP Corey Ray Added to Shuckers Roster - Biloxi Shuckers
- Blue Wahoos Add Two Former Big Leaguers to Roster - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Biloxi Shuckers Homestand Highlights July 11-16 - Biloxi Shuckers
- Vigil to Jacksonville, Nieto to Jupiter, Sanchez Returns - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, July 11 vs. Mississippi - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Kevin Gausman to M-Braves, Ender Inciarte to Gwinnett - Mississippi Braves
- Generals Gameday: July 11 vs. Birmingham - Jackson Generals
- Jumbo Shrimp Ranked Among MiLB's Top 25 in Licensed Merchandise Sales for Second Straight Year - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jackson Generals Stories
- Shadrack's Christmas Light Show Begins at the Ballpark on November 13th
- Generals Unveil Newest Economic Impact Study
- Jerry "The King" Lawler to Host 50th Anniversary Event in Jackson
- Minor League Baseball Announces Cancellation of 2020 Season
- Snoop Dogg and Twista Concert Postponed