Jerry James Promoted to Team President
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced on Friday that Jerry James has been named Team President effective immediately.
Prior to joining the Gladiators for the 2018-19 season, he spent 9 years with the Fresno Grizzlies as their Assistant General Manager and Vice President of Revenue. "We are proud to promote Jerry as the new leader of our organization," said Team Owner Daniel Orlich. "We made huge strides this season to build our product and engage the community. Now with Jerry at the helm, I feel we are going to take this team to even greater heights."
Through Community Partnership and Business Alliances, Jerry is looking to build on the success that the Gladiators experienced during the 2018-19 season by expanding into new markets and developing strong community engagement. He welcomes the opportunity to facilitate new initiatives that promote diversity and inclusion in Gwinnett County and the Greater Atlanta Metro.
"I am truly honored and excited to be given this opportunity by Mr. Orlich," said James. "We have the best fans in the league and I look forward to sharing their passion for the Atlanta Gladiators in 2019-20 Season."
The 2019-20 season starts in October. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 12, 2019
- Solar Bears Score Three in Second, Even Series - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hults Scores Twice to Lift Solar Bears to 3-2 Win in Game 2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Beast Drop Close Game One against Growlers - Brampton Beast
- Cyclones Take Playoff Opener against Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings Fall 7-4 in Series Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Drop First Game of Series to Monarchs by 4-2 Final - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Take Game 1 over Thunder, 4-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Take Game One, 2-1 over Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 12 - ECHL
- Cincinnati's Schultz Named 2018-19 CCM/ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Schultz Named CCM ECHL Most Valuable Player - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 1 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Sign Goaltender Evan Weninger to ATO - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Announce Team Award Winners - Maine Mariners
- Game Day: Playoffs Begin in Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Finn-Ishing Touch: Everblades Down IceMen in Overtime - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.