Jeremy Ebobisse, Eryk Williamson Called up by U-23 U.S. Men's National Team for Combined Preparation Camp
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Timbers forward Jeremy Ebobisse and midfielder Eryk Williamson have been called into a combined preparation camp by the U-23 U.S. Men's National Team to train alongside the U.S. National Team senior group beginning on Jan. 9 at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.
The senior team group, consisting of players aged 24 and older, will train alongside the U-23 USMNT through Jan. 24, at which point several U-23 players will be elevated to the full USMNT roster in advance of a planned match at the end of the month.
Ebobisse, 23, was tied for the team lead in goals (8) and tallied two assists for the Timbers after appearing in 18 regular-season matches (11 starts) during the 2020 campaign. Across all competitions for Portland in 2020, the Bethesda, Md., native tallied nine goals and three assists in 23 appearances (15 starts). At the international level, Ebobisse has earned one cap with the USMNT, starting and playing 66 minutes in a 3-0 win against Panama at University of Phoenix Stadium on Jan. 28, 2019.
Williamson, 23, tallied three goals and five assists in a career-high 21 appearances (17 starts) for Portland in 1,417 minutes of action during the 2020 MLS regular season. The Alexandria, Va., native tallied three goals and six assists in 26 appearances (22 starts) across all competitions for the Timbers in 2020. At the international level, Williamson was most recently called in by the U.S. U-23 Men's National Team for a domestic training camp in Herriman, Utah in 2019.
The U-23s are gathering a group for the first time since the suspension of the Concacaf Men's Olympic Qualifying Championship ten months ago and will use this last opportunity for head coach Jason Kreis to build and evaluate the roster ahead of the resumption of the qualifying tournament in March.
U-23 USMNT DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (Club):
GOALKEEPERS (3): JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake), Brady Scott (Austin FC)
DEFENDERS (10): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy), George Bello (Atlanta United FC), Chris Gloster (PSV Eindhoven/NED), Aaron Herrera (Real Salt Lake), Aboubacar Keita (Columbus Crew SC), Henry Kessler (New England Revolution), Mauricio Pineda (Chicago Fire), Bryan Reynolds (FC Dallas), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United FC), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Hassani Dotson (Minnesota United FC), Bryang Kayo (Wolfsburg/GER), Andrés Perea* (Orlando City SC), Tanner Tessmann (FC Dallas), Eryk Williamson (Portland Timbers), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes)
FORWARDS (7): Cade Cowell (San Jose Earthquakes), Daryl Dike (Orlando City SC), Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers), JesÃºs Ferreira (FC Dallas), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids), Benji Michel (Orlando City SC), Djordje Mihailovic (Montreal Impact/CAN)
*Player is currently ineligible to represent the United States
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 5, 2021
- Austin FC Goalkeeper Brady Scott Called up to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Camp - Austin FC
- Bob Bradley to Receive Walt Chyzowych Fund's Lifetime Achievement Award - Los Angeles FC
- Four Lions Named to USMNT and U-23 USMNT Rosters - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Esports Athlete Paulo Neto for 2021 - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy Name Greg Vanney Head Coach - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Pair Receives Call for U.S. U-23 National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Kellyn Acosta, Jonathan Lewis, Sam Vines Named to USMNT, U-23 MNT January Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- New York Red Bulls Defender Aaron Long Named to USMNT Roster for January Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Three Earthquakes Players Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Jeremy Ebobisse, Eryk Williamson Called up by U-23 U.S. Men's National Team for Combined Preparation Camp - Portland Timbers
- George Bello, Miles Robinson Called into Final U-23 USMNT Camp Ahead of Olympic Qualifying - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Called up to U23 Team Ahead of Olympic Qualifying - Minnesota United FC
- Paul Arriola Selected for the First USMNT Camp of 2021 - D.C. United
- Matt Turner and Henry Kessler Called in to United States Men's National Team's January Camp - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC's Aboubacar Keita Receives International Call-Up - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Trio Called into U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- Djordje Mihailovic Called up by United States U23 National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- 2021 Soccer Almanac: Key Dates and Major Tournaments in Busy Year Ahead - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United Sign Midfielder Wil Trapp - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Names Pablo Mastroeni Assistant Coach - Real Salt Lake
- Austin FC Acquires 25-Year-Old Free Agent Midfielder Diego Fagundez - Austin FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Advance to Quarterfinals of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Behind 5-0 Win over C.D. Marathón
- Timbers Open CONCACAF Champions League Play with 2-2 Road Draw against C.D. Marathon in First Leg
- Timbers Announce Additional Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 Campaign
- Timbers Goalkeeper Aljaz Ivacic Undergoes Successful Athletic Pubalgia Surgery
- Timbers, Thorns FC Launch Tiktok for Good Custom Scarf Collection